Moving From USA To Dubai..

Topic locked
moving from USA to dubai.. May 16, 2008
i want to move to Dubai for temporary, maybe 6 months or so.

I want to find a relguar job, (hotel, security, mall etc) im not looking for a professional job.

I want to get a apartment with some friends, what area is good as a starting ground, not too exspensive.

How hard is it to find this type of job/work there? any tips on this master plan ?

HeavyMental
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 17, 2008
To be perfectly blunt about it, thoes kinds of jobs pay a pitance, you'd normally be given (crappy) company accomodation. Plus I'm really not sure any company would bother emloying someone for 6 months, it's not in their interest because of the cost of getting you a work visa, which is valid for 3 years.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2008
Actually, now there is a mission visa (or something like that) that lasts for 6 months, which companies can use for short-term employment or during the probation period.

But to the OP, if you are thinking that these kinds of jobs pay something equivalent to minimum wage in the US ($6ish/ hr * 40hrs/ wk * 4 wks/ mon = Dhs 3500/ month, give or take) then you probably out of luck, since those are the kinds of positions that can be filled with people who are willing to be paid a lot less than that.

Are you a student? Maybe a study abroad program would suit you?
Fergilicious
Dubai Forum Guest

May 23, 2008
not a student now, but was thinking of going back...what kinda programs are available?

what kinda work can u do then go gain funds?
HeavyMental
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum