Looking For Part-time Domestic Help

Topic locked
Looking for part-time domestic help Sep 20, 2007
I'm looking for a maid/ maid agency who can provide domestic cleaning services as well as the cleaning equipment, for cleaning my apartment in the Barsha area opposite The Greens.

Schedule will be 2 times a week, 2 hours per session, to clean the apartment, nothing more than work done for a serviced apartment, no ironing or cooking needed.

If anyone here has any trustworthy maid or agency to recommend, please let me know, thanks!

ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2007

Trustworthy or not will depend on the person they send, will also start to get a little more expensive now the amnesty has cleared out plenty of the illegals.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2007
Yeah, that's what I found as well. Will certainly give them a call. Called them earlier but no one picked up the call. Will see if I can get them to come in on a schedule, and I really hope they provide their own cleaning equipment :)

Cheers, mate :)
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2007
hi sage & onion..

nice to be here again..

i agree with sage try Jumeirah Maid Cleaning Services :lol:
real_foxy
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Image

Trustworthy or not will depend on the person they send, will also start to get a little more expensive now the amnesty has cleared out plenty of the illegals.

I get the feeling you own shares in the company.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 22, 2007
Called them and was told that the minimum job is 4 hours.

Seeing that I just need someone to make the beds, vacuum and mop the floor, general cleaning of the house, I just need a maid for 2 hours, twice a week.

So contrary to what they publish on their web site, the minimum for Barsha area is 4 hours.

I'll be giving them a pass since they are being adamant that I should find something for the maid to do (e.g. ironing, washing, etc) - functions which I have a laundry service handle), instead of dropping the minimum period.

Will try helping hands next....
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 22, 2007
ghoonk wrote:Called them and was told that the minimum job is 4 hours.

Seeing that I just need someone to make the beds, vacuum and mop the floor, general cleaning of the house, I just need a maid for 2 hours, twice a week.

So contrary to what they publish on their web site, the minimum for Barsha area is 4 hours.

I'll be giving them a pass since they are being adamant that I should find something for the maid to do (e.g. ironing, washing, etc) - functions which I have a laundry service handle), instead of dropping the minimum period.

Will try helping hands next....

For the sake of 2 hours twice a week, wouldn't it be easier to do it yourself. Just a thought!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 22, 2007
Try Dial a Maid (sorry don't have their number to hand)

I used to use them until we found permanent help. They offer two hour blocks.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2007
The Major wrote:Try Dial a Maid (sorry don't have their number to hand)

I used to use them until we found permanent help. They offer two hour blocks.

I never heard of this one before, mind you why not, how much was the hourly rate?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 22, 2007
They are Dhs 30 per hour and very good. I used to book them with the General Manager - Caroline and you can request male or female staff.

They were the best service out of the four I tried. I still use them now to cover sickness, leave, parties etc.

Many of their staff are from Nepal, I used them as they were all good with pets.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Housemaid available Sep 23, 2007
Hi,

I am a housemaid looking for part time work in Dubai. I have worked in the UAE for 17 years, and have a work visa (on husband’s). I have good references. I have lots of experience working for expat families, and my English communication is good. I also worked in a school with children, and I am happy to babysit. Please feel free to contact me on my mobile Edited MOD.

Yours sincerely,
Rosie
Rosie55555
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum