Living In International City?

Topic locked
Living in International city? Sep 16, 2008
I plan to move to Dubai and I'm checking apartments (studio) in International city cause it's really close to my company's office's (Silicon oasis) and rent is not that high.
I got a LOT of tips from forum and directly from people in Dubai that you should live close to work to avoid traffic.
Also read some opinions that Int. city is a bad place to live.
Can somebody write what are the downsizes of living in Int.city and also what are the good things if there are any?

Thank you all in advance
Regards from cold Europe :)

majolo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 16, 2008
Bad:
It smells
Queue of trucks blocking entrance (unless that's been fixed?)
Rats apparently
Cheap
Lack of facilities

Good:
Cheap

If you're working at DSO, look for an apartment there - there's a handful of buildings that look finished.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 16, 2008
Its not called International Shitty without reason. They have had 2 large sewage leaks there in recent months and its situated right next door to the Dubai Municipality Sewage Plant. Which does tours for the public if you are interested!!!

Advantage: You have the home of all tat in the world, Dragon Mart, on your doorstep.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Which does tours for the public if you are interested!!!

Ha ha! That sounds like a fun thing to do. Book me in ;).
bonk

Sep 18, 2008
Right now I'm considering also renting an studio apartment in Barsha and Al Quoz. Are these two areas easy to commute to DSO? Is the traffic bad on this route?
Regards
majolo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 18, 2008
Traffic is bad everywhere but as routes go, it may be relatively ok. Use Al Khail Rd or Al Qudra - Emirates Rd (new Arabian Ranches roundabout has just opened)
bonk

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum