Dubai International City - Any Takers?

Topic locked
Dubai International City - Any takers? Jun 09, 2007
Was wondering if anyone can help wityh some information re the Dubai International City:

1. How far are is the residential area from SZR? Is it well connected? traffic?

2. Is it a good area to live in?

3. Are cabs and domestic help easily available?

syiem
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Dubai International City - Any takers? Jun 09, 2007
syiem wrote:Was wondering if anyone can help wityh some information re the Dubai International City:

1. How far are is the residential area from SZR? Is it well connected? traffic?

2. Is it a good area to live in?

3. Are cabs and domestic help easily available?

I own a place there. It is directly on Emirates Road, which runs parallel to SZR. I think you might know how to go from one to the other highway.

By my standards, it is a nice place. Only China has issues with smell and rats. Persia is free from problems.

Cabs don't roam the area except at Dragon Mart maybe. Domestic help can be had anywhere?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 10, 2007
Thanks gtmash. Not too familiar with Dubai. How long do you think it would take to get to Emirates Towers from International City? How's the traffic situation? Quite a few rental options avilable in International City and seriosuly considering it.
syiem
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2007
syiem wrote:Thanks gtmash. Not too familiar with Dubai. How long do you think it would take to get to Emirates Towers from International City? How's the traffic situation? Quite a few rental options avilable in International City and seriosuly considering it.

With no traffic, it honestly takes only 15 minutes. I'm not sure but I think you will be travelling in the opposite direction to rush hour traffic, unless desperate folks from Sharjah take the long-winded way home and cause a bit of traffic on your path too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 10, 2007
Thanks gtmash. Very useful post. Will definitely consider the option of renting an apartment there.
syiem
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum