Liqour License

Topic locked
Liqour License Oct 25, 2006
Can Muslim Ex-pats get liquor licences? Just asking b/c me and my husband, do enjoy the occasional glass of wine with dinner maybe 2-3x a year. What about at hotels, do you need a license? For example, if my friends/relatives come to visit (from abroad) and want wine with their dinner at our home - is this impossible?

To clarify - I am NOT muslim but my husband is. I was told that if married, only the husband may apply for such license.

pasha
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 25, 2006
no as a soo called muslim u can't be gettin no liquor licence in the uae

but u can always get ur alcholic bevrages from ajman .. no fuckin licence required when ur purchasing from there
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Re: Liqour License Oct 25, 2006
pasha wrote:Can Muslim Ex-pats get liquor licences? Just asking b/c me and my husband, do enjoy the occasional glass of wine with dinner maybe 2-3x a year. What about at hotels, do you need a license? For example, if my friends/relatives come to visit (from abroad) and want wine with their dinner at our home - is this impossible?

To clarify - I am NOT muslim but my husband is. I was told that if married, only the husband may apply for such license.

If you are a non-muslim woman married to a muslim man, and you are legally working with work permit etc., you are allowed to apply for a liquor permit providing your husband grants his permission.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 25, 2006
the other option is to buy from duty free or ask your friends to purchase it for you...

some people also go accross to another emirate(um al quaim- did i spell that right) and buy alcohol from "barracuda" - its a beach club with a hude liqour store and they dont need any proof of license...only thing to keep in mind is that you would be driving thru sharjah and if you are stopped by the police you are in trouble...you can search for this topic as its been discussed in details before...hope that helps...

also bars and resturants usually dont ask you if you are muslim or not...that would be the most hassle free way of consuming alcohol...but please do not drink and drive...laws are very strict in regards to that...please take a taxi...its really cheap...

:D :D
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum