Hot / Cold Which Do You Prefer

Topic locked
Hot / Cold which do you prefer Mar 10, 2006
Living in Northern Ireland (only for another 5 weeks now, dubai here i come). I have been use to having 4 seasons in the year with winter sitting around 0 degrees and summer rising to about 25 degrees (if lucky).
I have to say aong with the majority of people the summer is my favourite time.
It seems to change the way you are feeling, makes you happier i think.

Just wondering what your thoughts are. Are you a lover of the heat or the cold???

muckman03
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 10, 2006
Fair to say that most who live there hate the summer.

Me, i love it
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 11, 2006
Arnie, are you joking? You love venturing outside in temperatures upto 48 degrees. Then getting blasted to death by AC's on the inside, hot/cold hot/cold, it does my head in.

This time of year is perfect, the temp is nice, and at least we get a little bit of weather this time of year.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
Dry heat is nice but heat plus humidity is foul and that is what you get in the worst part of the summer here.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
Oh GAB, tell me about it! And sorry to go all girly, but it plays nightmares with my hair - you spend ages straightening it all, walk outside for 20 mins and instant afro, I end up just pulling it all back as it's way too much hassle. :(
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: One thing that cracks me up about here is I still, at this time of the year, see women wearing jumpers/sweaters during the day!! What is with that? It is like "I've bought it and I am going to wear it even if it kills me". It is warm and better weather compared to later on BUT IT IS NOT COLD!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
:oops: Yeah and I'm sitting here wearing my jumper, BUT only because the AC is on so high in the office that I freeze to death without it. Sadly our AC's have to be kept at a constant level because of all the computer equipment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
:lol: :lol: You are actually working!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum