Hello From TURKEY , I Have Some Questions :)

Topic locked
Hello from TURKEY , I have some questions :) Nov 20, 2007
Hello , I'm Ozgun from Turkey , Istanbul.
firstly, sorry for my english :)

I received a job offer in Dubai last month and I accepted it but I 'm not signing anything yet and will come to Dubai on december.

I'm a Computer Graphics Pro in my country that have 7 years of work experience. So my job in Dubai will be the same.

here are my questions :)

1. here's a copy of some parts of my contract: is there something that bother you ?? is that ok for someSaving ??

2.1 In consideration of the Employee undertaking the Employment for the Company, the Company shall pay the Employee as follows:
2.1.1 A basic salary of Dirhams 18.600 (Dhs) per month; equivalent to US $ 5,100
2.1.2 Other allowances of Dirhams 12.450 (Dhs) per month; equivalent to US $3,400
2.2 The amount set out in Clauses 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 above are collectively referred to hereafter as the “Remuneration”.
2.3 The Company shall pay the Employee the Remuneration in twelve (12) equal instalments in arrears during the Employment.

4. Probation
The Employee shall work under a probation period of 3 months calculated as from the
commencement date of this Employment Contract set out in Clause 3 above (any probation period may not
exceed six (6) months). In the event of termination of the Employment during this probationary period, the
Employee will not be entitled to receive any end of service benefits or other compensation whatsoever.

8. Termination
7.1 A Limited Contract shall expire on the expiry date set out in Clause 3 above.
7.2 An Unlimited Contract shall be terminated on the provision by either of the Company or the
Employee of ninety (90) days’ notice in writing to the other.
7.3 The Company may dismiss the Employee without notice as provided for in Articles 88 through 120
of the Labour Law.

2. in Turkey we have the ID's that include the religion. but this section fill without your permission at birth.
So I have no faith any of the Religions in the world but I have a ID that says I'm muslim.
What must I do in Dubai for not judge by my fake-religion
(by the way sorry for my english if I choose the wrong words, in my country there's no discrimination about the religions)

3. How do the rents pay in Dubai , monthly or annual ?

4. I have no car driver license , only have motorcycle driver license. I love supersports
but for work-home in Dubai I'm thinking to buy or rent a scooter ,
are the Dubaian drivers kill me on the roads :)
(in Istanbul traffic is a total chaos, if any Turks out there , please compare the Istanbul and Dubai )

Thank you and I hope everything will be great :)

ozgun
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 21, 2007
:shock: ?? :shock:
ozgun
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Hello from TURKEY , I have some questions :) Nov 21, 2007
ozgun wrote:Hello , I'm Ozgun from Turkey , Istanbul.
firstly, sorry for my english :)

I received a job offer in Dubai last month and I accepted it but I 'm not signing anything yet and will come to Dubai on december.

I'm a Computer Graphics Pro in my country that have 7 years of work experience. So my job in Dubai will be the same.

here are my questions :)

1. here's a copy of some parts of my contract: is there something that bother you ?? is that ok for someSaving ??

2.1 In consideration of the Employee undertaking the Employment for the Company, the Company shall pay the Employee as follows:
2.1.1 A basic salary of Dirhams 18.600 (Dhs) per month; equivalent to US $ 5,100
2.1.2 Other allowances of Dirhams 12.450 (Dhs) per month; equivalent to US $3,400
2.2 The amount set out in Clauses 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 above are collectively referred to hereafter as the “Remuneration”.
2.3 The Company shall pay the Employee the Remuneration in twelve (12) equal instalments in arrears during the Employment.

4. Probation
The Employee shall work under a probation period of 3 months calculated as from the
commencement date of this Employment Contract set out in Clause 3 above (any probation period may not
exceed six (6) months). In the event of termination of the Employment during this probationary period, the
Employee will not be entitled to receive any end of service benefits or other compensation whatsoever.

8. Termination
7.1 A Limited Contract shall expire on the expiry date set out in Clause 3 above.
7.2 An Unlimited Contract shall be terminated on the provision by either of the Company or the
Employee of ninety (90) days’ notice in writing to the other.
7.3 The Company may dismiss the Employee without notice as provided for in Articles 88 through 120
of the Labour Law.

2. in Turkey we have the ID's that include the religion. but this section fill without your permission at birth.
So I have no faith any of the Religions in the world but I have a ID that says I'm muslim.
What must I do in Dubai for not judge by my fake-religion
(by the way sorry for my english if I choose the wrong words, in my country there's no discrimination about the religions)

nothing, no one really bothers about what religion you are, you may have a problem though being admitted to some nightclubs.

3. How do the rents pay in Dubai , monthly or annual ?

rent is normally payed by a series of post-dated cheques which you give your landlord for the year. normally 4 installments - one every 3 months

4. I have no car driver license , only have motorcycle driver license. I love supersports
but for work-home in Dubai I'm thinking to buy or rent a scooter ,
are the Dubaian drivers kill me on the roads :)
(in Istanbul traffic is a total chaos, if any Turks out there , please compare the Istanbul and Dubai )

get a car license, if you drive a motorcycle or a scooter you have a very good/ excellent chance of not re-newing your contact all together. the driving is pathetic, probably not as chaotic as Istanbul, but i would say 3 to 3 times as fast. it is not uncommon to see cars screaming past you in excess of 200km per hour!

Thank you and I hope everything will be great :)

the salary and package you have been offered is pretty good by the way!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 21, 2007
dbxsoul ; thank you for the answers :)
ozgun
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum