Gym In Dubai

Topic locked
Apr 06, 2006
Sorry to say but this is not the only place that does this. The last place we lived in was a first world country (yep, it is on the list!! and how??) BUT let their overseas workers live in containers on construction sites and labourers/workers were transported in the back of tray top trucks-my daughter, 8 at the time asked me if that is what is called racism (young but worldly wise). So by comparison and since this place has only effectively developed recently I'd say the UAE can show a few other places a thing or two. So although I disagree with the discrepancies in pay etc from my experience it is hardly the worst. Foreigners can buy property is also a plus (not that I can afford too!!).

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Check this out: www.xtrapulse.com Apr 16, 2006
www.xtrapulse.com lists all the gyms/ spas/ pool/ beach clubs/ health clubs/ yoga studios/ massage parlors/ dance schools(salsa, latin, hip-hop, bellydance,etc) / extreme sports/ diving/ desert safaris/ watersports/ mountain climbing/ personal trainers/ sports for the disabled/ childrens' sports& fitness in each& every location in DUBAI. Don't forget to take a peek at the news& events.. it's packed with goood stuff! Enjoy ur search :wink:
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Refreshing posting Sep 13, 2006
It might be a bit late for me to reply to this posting, but anyway. I used to manage LifeStyle between 2000 and 2002. It's definitely a nice place to work out. The gym was/certainely still is packed with top of the art equipment. The aerobic studio was/must probably still is very small as there was no possibility to increase the size of the room. Changing rooms are large and safe and clean (they were at least). 2 A/C squash courts. Don't know if Maqbool still there.
There are huge possibilities to make this place much bigger. I made plans during that time but 911 hit us and then hotel business was not doing well -at least for a few months. I visualize very well how the place could be after renovation. And keep in mind it's in the centre of the city. I mean at this time it was the centre. Plus free car park available.
Re: the rate difference between men and women. The first action i took was to have one rate for everybody. Don't know if they have changed their rate structure.
Definitely a place i would recommend to all. Body builders -hardcore ones- will find weights heavy enough. And for the others, it is not an intimidating place and the staff was/is helpful.
gminbkk[at]yahoo[dot]com
GmInBkk
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum