Common Salary Package Benefits, Accom, Flights, Gym, Etc?

Topic locked
Common salary package benefits, accom, flights, gym, etc? Aug 25, 2009
I have posted this elsewhere but am struggling to obtain any help so thought I would try here too!

I have been offered a job in Dubai, package is:

36,000 AED per month
Return flights for myself and family
Private healthcare for myself and family

Does this sound like a good deal with regards to benefits? Here in London I am Director level earning in excess of £100k basic (before 40% tax). Nothing has been mentioned regarding accommodation benefit or gym membership. Are these things standard for a salary package at this level and should I be asking for them? Is there anything else (school fees, etc) that I should be asking for at this negotiation stage that is common for this sort of salary package?

All replies gratefully received!

blueybluey
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 25, 2009
depends on what line of work you're in, but 36K is that all inclusive or just basic salary? you gonna have to get that cleared up before you ask for more. but housing for a villa is gonna run you 120-200K dhs per annum. schooling will run 8-12K USD per annum per child. gym fees you can pay yourself it runs 400 dhs per month for the usual gym.

good luck.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2009
36k AED per month is total package which is why I was going to try to negotiate extra for housing and school fees, are these common extras?
blueybluey
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 25, 2009
from 04-07 they had been normal to get all that. but lately it's not been offered. unless it's a large MNC it might be hard to get that type of package.

again what industry are you in? that plays into it. there's a lot of directors in dubai, so titles dont really mean too much
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2009
not bad - what line of work u into?
ewap8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2009
Negotiate for extra. Try and secure education that's a major expense here. The healthcare insurance should be good.

We're in a recession, salaries are being axed left and right, 36k in the present scenario is good. But 36k will not offer you a great lifestyle. The missus is eventually gonna have to work. I'm shooting in the dark here, but if she's qualified and can pull in a a minimum of 15k a month, that would mean 600k a year for a family of 4. Now that would be a good deal!

600k in a recessionary enviroment is brilliant. That compared to
350,000 AED ur pulling in currently in the UK.

So in that respect Dubai should be a profitable gamble. And when the cloud of recession disperses you should be in a much better financial position. But in the short run it's feasable to come here if you've got two working members in the family.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
If I'm not mistake education benefits for the year is normally one month's basic salary.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Great helpful info and suggestions, thanks!
blueybluey
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum