A Few Questions About A Package..

Topic locked
A few questions about a package.. Nov 01, 2007
Hi everyone! 8)

I'm happy I found this forum, as I am thinking about a possible move to Dubai. I noticed hundreds of such 'package'-threads, so I hope you guys are not angry about one more of them.
For me the deal sounds amazing, but I have heard about rising costs of living in Dubai, so I would be happy to get some opinions.
The deal they offer is a salary of roughly 30,000 Dhs per month + 180,000 Dhs p.a. living allowance.
What do you guys think, will this be enough for a decent style of living?
I am married, but there are no children.
What kind of accomodation could one expect to get for 180,000?

See you soon maybe..

Cheers,
Jay

OMDB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: A few questions about a package.. Nov 01, 2007
OMDB wrote:Hi everyone! 8)

I'm happy I found this forum, as I am thinking about a possible move to Dubai. I noticed hundreds of such 'package'-threads, so I hope you guys are not angry about one more of them.
For me the deal sounds amazing, but I have heard about rising costs of living in Dubai, so I would be happy to get some opinions.
The deal they offer is a salary of roughly 30,000 Dhs per month + 180,000 Dhs p.a. living allowance.
What do you guys think, will this be enough for a decent style of living?
I am married, but there are no children.
What kind of accomodation could one expect to get for 180,000?

See you soon maybe..

Cheers,
Jay

I think that is a good package which translates into roughly 150K US$ and tax free (unless you are a US Citizen in which case only roughly 60K would be tax free).

The accomodation allowance of 180K should be plenty for a decent place.

Even if you spent the full 180K on accomodation, it would leave about $8,200 per month for you. Not a bad chunk of change.

It's all relative as a peson with a job offer of $150K should already know. I know people making 1,100 dirhams/month working 14 hrs/day/6 days a week and at least one making over 200K /month working essentially 9 to 5 - 5 days a week! All in the same office ("slightly" different work)!

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2007
Get yourself over here! :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 01, 2007
Its a great package, you can find 3-4 bedroom villa's for 180k/year..

Which area are you going to work in? which company?
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 03, 2007
Enough money to hire me as your maid :P Except I can't cook, don't do windows, or know how to make a bed. We can negotiate.
I Sioux
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum