FAO: Irish In Dubai

Topic locked
FAO: Irish in Dubai Jul 03, 2007
Hi :D

I am just after finishing college in Ireland and I don't know what to do with myself. :(

What I would really like to know is what Dubai and the UAE is like for Irish people. Ideally I would like some information regarding getting a contract/temporary job and accomodation.

I would like to spend a couple a months there , at most 6, but if I liked the place I would consider returning for another period.

I know from research that there is an Irish Village and a GAA team, but I would like to know more, mainly what the place is like and whether there are any Irish companies either in Ireland or UAE that I could contact for a job/information.

Also any reviews that you might have or any other info would be appreciated.

Be 8)

edited for spelling mistakes :oops:

nellyshark
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 03, 2007
hi there, there's definitely and irish village, i can attest on numerous occasions to that!

to be frank you are unlikily to find such a short term contract. expat contracts in dubai are normally over 3 years; neither is there any legal student work available. if you came for a short period you would have to work illegaly and risk a fine/ jail or deportation.

as i said in a few recent postings due to the recruitment, sponsorship and medical costs you would be unlikely to find an employer for a short contract such as this. the law does not allow for "vacation jobs" either.

not checked for spelling :D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum