Emigrating When Pregnant

Topic locked
Emigrating when pregnant Jul 20, 2009
My husband is moving to Dubai in September and our daughter and I will be following him out in November.
We have just found out we are going to have a baby in the new year and will need to sort out a maternity package, insurance etc. The thing is, I have heard that I will not be able to get insurance as I am already pregnant and most insurance companies like you to be insured with them for about a year before you tell them you are expecting!! If I am unable to get insurance will I be able to get a maternity package? If so can anybody give me a recommendation on which hospital?
Sorry if I am waffling on, but I really want to have some sort of idea on what to do when I get there!!

Twinkletoes
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 22, 2009
My wife and I went through this scenario. Couldn't get an insurance package because she was already pregnant. Anyhow, even on a visit visa, we got her a maternity package with Belhoul Hospital (in Diyafah) for around AED 5K which covers all her monthly visits, checkups, scans, etc till birth- but excluding birth costs.
It is a very comprehensive package and well worth it. The doctor's visit outside of that would have cost approx AED 2K to cover these each time, so it is definitely a package you want to consider.

Good luck
digilz
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum