Dubai World Cup 2010

Topic locked
dubai world cup 2010 Jun 10, 2009
hi all
first time on site,so hoping im in the right place,looking to pay a visit in march 2010 to the new mayden racecourse but am clueless as to were to book a hotel in close proximity to the new course also if i book further afield are taxis resonable in price by that i mean cheaper than black london taxis also can anyone help me with how ticketing will work for entrance to the course and were i can purchase advance tickets lastly love to have a social tipple and a small wager on the horses will this be possible at the course i have visited dubai twice before but never ventured further than the hotel entrance thanks in advance
regrards ken in sunny maidstone kent

kendavey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2009
Not sure about the rest of your questions but Taxi's here are cheap as chips. For 10 pounds you could get from one side of the city to the other if it's not peak hour.

There will be drinking there but definitely no gambling. Betting is illegal here.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

many thanks Jun 10, 2009
[thx for reply m8,i found a hotel on virgin holidays looked lovely but sounded miles away from anything, the ras al khaimah just tryign to gauge if i needed to cab it
regards ken
kendavey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2009
Woah, Ras Al Khaimah is not Dubai mate. It's another emirate (state) up north. That is definitely too far away.

Cabs shouldn't be a problem if you are within Dubai city limits. I don't know offhand of any good hotel booking places online but I reckon there must be heaps. Just make sure it is in Dubai proper.

PS: For the betting, you can obviously do it online before you come here, but just know that all those types of sites are banned here so you won't be able to access them when you get here.

Cheers...
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

thx again Jun 10, 2009
cheers m8 you have saved me lots of time checking it out on the net ,so far i have as long as in dubai city limits im ok,have a bet at home before i visit,taxis wont break the bank,and i can get a beer at the course for a premium i would imagine,lastly my last visit all the hotels seemed to be very good would you say that is the case
regards ken
kendavey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2009
From outside of the UAE you should be able to buy your tickets at http://www.dubairacingclub.com/, or they are also available from UK booking agents. Also you need to check that the stand you will be in will be serving alcohol. I don't know how it will work at the new course.

On hotels there are different standards, it depends what standard you want and whether you want to be near a beach, mall, or just stay on the course (probably not the cheapest option, and if the hotel is built in time....)..

http://www.dubai-online.com/news/banyan ... dan-hotel/
Banyan Tree to manage Meydan hotel
October 18th, 2007

Meydan LLC has announced that Banyan Tree will manage a hotel complex and villa resort at their golf and equestrian resort. The 5-star Meydan hotel will be connected to the grandstand with all suites offering an unobstructed view of the course.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2009
many thanks great help
regards ken
kendavey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum