Divorce

Topic locked
Divorce Mar 21, 2010
Hi everyone,
I know the divorce topics were made before but i couldn't get help from them.
My sister got married to my brother in law in 2006, they were together until 2009 when my sister discovered that he was cheating on her, she even got audio files with his voice, number of audio files.
She filed for divorce at Sharjah Court, they didn't accept the evidence, however after much hassle they reached the stage of counseling where my brother in law gave flowers to a female counselor after which she started hating my sister and not helping her. When my sister went next time, she said "I lost your file" and after some anger and complaints she "found" them.

After over 8 months of time wasting, the case reached the judge. My bro in law hurt my sister mentally, even while his case is going on she has proof he is involved in number of affairs. so after 8 months, they send the case of the judge. He asks for witnesses. Witnesses who saw him have an affair??, sister. How can there be witnesses in this case?? who can be the witnesses??...

So anyways now i wanna ask, can we shift the case to Dubai, if we have to open a new one, is it with the same procedures...How is the system in Dubai courts, is it as unprofessional as in sharjah?.

The couple are both Muslim born and raised in United Arab Emirates and they have one child who has just turned 1 year old.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum