Contraceptive Pills From A Local Pharmacy?

Topic locked
Contraceptive pills from a local pharmacy? Feb 17, 2008
Hi Everybody!

I'm new - even though I have been surfing the site for months, this time I finally made the registration because I couldn't find an aswer I desperately need.

I'm moving to Dubai in a few weeks and at the moment I'm taking contraceptive pills in order to control my acne. I am allowed to bring the medicine with me as long as I have the prescription. It would just be so much easier if I could find a similar product in a local pharmacy since I'm not sure when I will get a chance to visit home next time. Contraceptive pills are not banned in the UAE, are they? This might be a stupid question but to be honest the country really seems to be full of surprises!;)

I hope someone can help me! Thanks a lot!!=)

jen_
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 17, 2008
I know contraceptive pills are available over the counter here.
Which Brand?
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 17, 2008
And I only have condoms just in case I go to a party and they run out of balloons....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Contraceptive pills from a local pharmacy? Feb 17, 2008
jen_ wrote:but to be honest the country really seems to be full of surprises!;)

The surprise is being able to get them over the counter without a prescription (or marriage certificate if you're wondering). You should be able to find one to suit you, and pharmacists are usually quite helpful and knowledgeable. Here's the search you need.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum