Child Born Before We Were Married

Topic locked
Child born before we were married Jun 15, 2009
Hi all.

My partner has been offered a job in Dubai, and he is taking it.

A bit about our history: We had a son in Nov 2007, getting married in 2 weeks (not because of job offer), and are expecting another child in October.

As far as we understand, getting me into the country shouldnt be a problem, and because our next baby will be born in wedlock shouldnt be a problem either (I will be coming back here (UK) to have the baby).

However, the sticky bit we are not sure of is if our son will gain residency? My future husbands name is on the birth certificate and he has his dads surname, but could it be a problem?

christinefk5
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 16, 2009
SHouldn't be. He was born out of the country so it won't really make a difference.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 16, 2009
Thanks for your reply!
christinefk5
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Child born before we were married Jun 16, 2009
christinefk5 wrote:Hi all.
Don't even think to worry about it: it's bad for the baby) Some common sence here: just think how many expats are here and how many single mothers, couples with kids born before or in another marriage among them... It's not that horrible as your newspapers say. You all will be allright.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 17, 2009
Its not our newspapers, its just something that occurred to me (and to my partners HR office actually!!)

I know its not as horrible as 'they' say, but it is a different culture, and with different cultures come different ways of living, and things that wouldn't be given a second thought here (like giving birth to a child out of wedlock, or even women travelling on their own), obviously are forbidden in other countries/cultures.

Thanks for your replies :)
christinefk5
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum