OK, Can Someone Tell Me EXACTLY What To Do!!

Topic locked
OK, can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do!! Nov 08, 2007
Before anyone shouts at me I have searched the site but to no avail.

I have my relevant documents attested by UAE Embassy (degree cert, birth cert, passport). And am going to get a residency visa sorted out by my employer once am in the country but obviously to start I need a temporary visa. But which one?!

When I arrive in Dubai airport, what do I need to do, please tell me in simple idiots terms.

Thanks!!!!

Mark

Mark Harris
Dubai Forum User

Nov 09, 2007
hi here,

your educational qualifications will have to be re-attested when you get to dubai, the labour department no longer accepts embassy attested documents. you need to go to a Empost office (Emirates post office), you pay them 500 AED and they handle the attestation of your qualifications.

You require a either a visit visa or residency visa to enter the country. the norm is you enter on a visit visa (which our employer must provide sponsorship for - in otherwords they must pay for it). The employer is then responsible for the application, processing and conversion of your visit visa to a residency visa; as well as the processing of your labour application and labour cards.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22535
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: OK, can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do!! Nov 09, 2007
Mark Harris wrote:Before anyone shouts at me I have searched the site but to no avail.

I have my relevant documents attested by UAE Embassy (degree cert, birth cert, passport). And am going to get a residency visa sorted out by my employer once am in the country but obviously to start I need a temporary visa. But which one?!

When I arrive in Dubai airport, what do I need to do, please tell me in simple idiots terms.
Thanks!!!!

Mark

The simplest answer is that you need to do NOTHING other than show your passport at immigration at the airport (simple as that). That is if you are a citizen of a country from which you do not need a visa to enter the UAE of which there are 33 privileged countries (USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, etc. - in order of importance). Once you are here, the next day or so you will go to your office and the office PRO will take it from there to get you a resident visa. In the meantime, relax, find a place to live and work and play hard. Oh, and study hard for the medical exam.

Good luck.

p.s. If you are a citizen of a country that does need a entry visa then follow dxbsoul's advice/link.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2007
Oh, and study hard for the medical exam.

Wait a minute, medical exam? Is that a physical or something? What do I need to know about that?
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 09, 2007
maximusprime wrote:

Wait a minute, medical exam? Is that a physical or something? What do I need to know about that?

You should go to Amazon.com and buy a couple of books just type "Dubai Medical Exam Guide" in the "search" window. Should be about 100 bucks for the books.

On a serious note, and if your question is serious. The medical exam is for contegious deseases primarily HIV (and TB I think although I was not xrayed). If you are HIV positive, they will take a second test, and if the second is positive you will be detained and deported...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 12, 2007
There is actually a bit of work (aka strength) for this medical exam. You need a lot of patience especially if you are a guy. The loooooong queue ...
Unless of course you have a good PRO and he can jump queue for you.

Oh by the way just make sure they take the syringe out of the new pack !!!! :lol:

maximusprime wrote:

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2007
I am just kidding. They are pretty good here.
However, I didnt take the xray either !!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum