Bank Recommendations...

Topic locked
Bank recommendations... Oct 19, 2012
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a decent bank in Dubai, I'm particularly interested in Internet Banking.

Thanks, Dave.

DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Bank Recommendations... Oct 19, 2012
HSBC !!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Bank Recommendations... Oct 20, 2012
BMreformed , Thanks for that, do you live in Dubai? Is that who you bank with?

Regards, Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Bank Recommendations... Oct 22, 2012
DaveandCarol , To be honest there aren't any decent banks in the UAE, they all have their issues and even though they have international names they are no way near international standards. I am with HSBC and have had minimal issues.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Bank Recommendations... Oct 22, 2012
DaveandCarol wrote:BMreformed , Thanks for that, do you live in Dubai? Is that who you bank with?

Morning D&C (yes, you must change that username, D&C is a genealogical procedure :P )

No, I don't live in Dubai, I live in the UK but I do get to Dubai regularly as I have a place there. I love it, BTW, and I'm sure you will too.
Yes I bank with HSBC and I have an account in Dubai too. I don't have a residents visa as I have never needed one as I never stay more than 28 days in a stretch but I do have a savings account and I can pay some bills from that. I can access my account via global view on internet banking and I transfer money as and when.
If you have a visa you will be able to get the usual accounts and a credit card etc.

My friend does mystery shopping and she says Emirates NBD Bank are ok too.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Bank Recommendations... Oct 23, 2012
Hi Dave,

I can recommend Emirates NBD, I have banked with them for six years now without any problems and their internet banking facility is very good.
nikkisizer
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum