Any Decent Places To Live In Deira?

Topic locked
Any decent places to live in Deira? Jul 25, 2007
Hey folks! I am in the process of moving back to Dubai. My new office will be located in Festival City, and I am looking to live somewhere nearby. I'm looking for a 2 BR apartment for up to a 100k, preferably in a newer apartment building. I think that is a reasonable budget for Deira.

Anyone have any ideas? Please don't ask me to move to the hellhole that is Sharjah...

cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 25, 2007
Dubai Festival City area? Maybe Garhoud? Mirdiff?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 25, 2007
There are plenty of new & cheaper apts in Al Ghusais, 2BR for max 80K. Not to far also from Festival City, just separated by the airport.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 01, 2007
Thanks guys. What's the traffic situation in Ghusais? Also, does anyone know much about Warqa?

Cheers!
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 01, 2007
If you go by Dubai-Sharjah road (Garhoud bridge towards Sharjah), off course it'll be nightmare. But since you'll work in Festival City, you'll be taking the other road (Rashidiya) or a tunnel (?) south of the airport. As in Ghusais itself, there's not much traffic as it's a new developed area (at least that's what I experienced when I went there couple of times).

The good things, it's close to schools (if you have kid) and future metro line.

If there's affordable freehold there, I might be interested.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 02, 2007
you can both buy and rent in festival City
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 02, 2007
xty wrote:If you go by Dubai-Sharjah road (Garhoud bridge towards Sharjah), off course it'll be nightmare. But since you'll work in Festival City, you'll be taking the other road (Rashidiya) or a tunnel (?) south of the airport. As in Ghusais itself, there's not much traffic as it's a new developed area (at least that's what I experienced when I went there couple of times).

The good things, it's close to schools (if you have kid) and future metro line.

If there's affordable freehold there, I might be interested.

Ghusais is a newly developed area? Heeheeheehee. Could be true in a way. Old ones coming down, new ones going up.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 02, 2007
gtmash wrote:Ghusais is a newly developed area? Heeheeheehee. Could be true in a way. Old ones coming down, new ones going up.

Been in Dubai for some times but rarely going to Deira and beyond except City Center and airport :D
At least when I went there couple of times for finding schools, there are lots of new building constructions coming up and there are still empty plots everywhere (around the school complex and Emirates driving institute). So I thought it's a rather new area, not like cramped Deira or Bur Dubai.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Festival City Jan 19, 2008
***Edited***

MOD
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum