TOTO Live In Dubai!!!!!!

Topic locked
TOTO live in Dubai!!!!!! Oct 30, 2006
THE RENOWNED ROCK GROUP TOTO WILL BE ROCKING THE CITY OF DUBAI WITH JAZZ…

The legendary rock group, TOTO, have confirmed their participation in the 5th edition of the Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007. This leg is the band’s first gig in any Arab world.

A band like TOTO, has become a worldwide household name, with at least a disc or two on every music rack that includes songs dating back to the late 70s, songs we grew up listening to, songs we’ve heard on every radio station, hits that lived on and on and no matter how much we think that music evolved, we keep coming back and humming TOTO’s songs unwillingly.

TOTO is one of the rare gems of rock music, a band with its front man guitar player, Steve Lukather who have influenced generations of rock stars and other inspiring artists just like Elvis Presley and Jimi Hendrix did.

But the band doesn’t fall short of a legendary line up besides Lukather, stars whom each have also their own independent work and have played with other legendary artists, the likes of Simon Philips on drums, Mike Porcaro on Bass, Bobby Kimball on Vocals, Greg Phillinganes on keyboards and vocals and David Paich on Keyboards and vocals too.

Anthony Younes, Managing Director Of Chillout Productions, the founders and Organizers of the Dubai International Jazz Festival, said: “I am so excited to have arranged this leg for the Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007. I have a clear vision of the audience watching TOTO live, yes I can see endless waves of fans stoned immaculate while witnessing how Steve Lukather and TOTO are continuing to hone their chops and progress musically, up to perfection.”

And by the time TOTO reach Dubai, they will be celebrating their 30th anniversary with songs that defy taste or musical back ground, hits such as Rosana, Stop Loving you, Hold the Line and Africa to name a few.

And with the release of their new Album, Falling In Between, nothing short of excellence and genius”, TOTO will not only be playing their classical repertoire but also some new and fresh material that includes TOTO’s most innovative sounds, songs in which TOTO have upped and revamped their musical tastes and ideas and retooled them for a new generation.

Yes after 7 years of original studio inactivity one of the world’s most favorite bands returns with a dynamic illustration of why this group of 6 can be considered the most talented rock group ever assembled and lucky Dubai will be the eye witness to why TOTO won 4 GRAMMY Awards and why each member has played on most of our best songs ever recorded.

“If anything, the band is stronger and vital than ever and they’re flying to Dubai to show a definite resurgence in their live musical powers. TOTO live at the Dubai International Jazz Festival is already a divine memory written down in the chapters of history before their arrival here. And who knows maybe next year we’ll be resurrecting Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison.” Said Anthony laughing.

In almost 30 years, with some of the most skillful, interesting, and great music ever recorded, TOTO who have already received their own star on Vienna's Walk Of Stars at the Gasometer on August 17th 2006, is not to be missed live at The Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007.

Chillout Productions
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: TOTO live in Dubai!!!!!! Oct 31, 2006
Chillout Productions wrote:TOTO is one of the rare gems of rock music, a band with its front man guitar player, Steve Lukather who have influenced generations of rock stars and other inspiring artists just like Elvis Presley and Jimi Hendrix did.

Jimi and Elvis are rolling over in their graves.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 31, 2006
I can remember my father adoring some of his Toto tapes before....what are the famous songs of Toto again? :idea:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 31, 2006
zam wrote:I can remember my father adoring some of his Toto tapes before....what are the famous songs of Toto again? :idea:

The right question is, who is Toto again? Lemme check the archives... :lol:
Nick81

Oct 31, 2006
i used to like TOTO...they do have some good songs...after giving that whole speech on what good music is i am going to get flamed for this one...people TOTO does have some good song!!....i am telling you!...the effects of one too many a beer and you're up besides the jukebox singing along to "africa"... :oops: :oops: :oops:
constantine

Oct 31, 2006
But they play rock not jazz ... so what the hell are they doing on my jazz festival ?:evil: :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 31, 2006
Rock???? Toto???? Dont think so corcs :roll:
zam

Oct 31, 2006
Corcovado wrote:But they play rock not jazz ... so what the hell are they doing on my jazz festival ?:evil: :evil:

I recall cool and the gang not playing jazz either last year...but loads of people loved it...i guess they need mainstream acts to draw in a bigger crowd...jazz after all is an aquired taste...
constantine

Oct 31, 2006
zam wrote:Rock???? Toto???? Dont think so corcs :roll:

zam...corcs is right...TOTO is rock...albeit experimental rock in the vains of YES to a lesser degree...but rock nonetheless...anyhow the fact that TOTO is coming gives me an added incentive to go....i wanna see all the legends live before they fade out into the big yonder...
constantine

Oct 31, 2006
Its wrong it means;

TO, TO, THE EXIT
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 31, 2006
:roll: ohh ok, but const can you just please name some of their famous songs? I cant recall any! :?
zam

Oct 31, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Its wrong it means;

TO, TO, THE EXIT

that actually made me laugh...come on easy on the ol' timers...they are after all the ones that influence the new generations...and at least they have an original sound unlike the drab of today... :P
constantine

Oct 31, 2006
zam wrote::roll: ohh ok, but const can you just please name some of their famous songs? I cant recall any! :?

Rosana, Stop Loving you, Hold the Line and Africa

ROSANA and AFRICA are my favorites...for TOTO that is
constantine

Oct 31, 2006
constantine wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Its wrong it means;

TO, TO, THE EXIT

that actually made me laugh...come on easy on the ol' timers...they are after all the ones that influence the new generations...and at least they have an original sound unlike the drab of today... :P

TOTO is actually the most Popular Brand of Sanitary Ware from Japan, next time you go to Emirates Towers take a look in the washrooms.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 31, 2006
sage & onion wrote:TOTO is actually the most Popular Brand of Sanitary Ware from Japan, next time you go to Emirates Towers take a look in the washrooms.

TO TO TOO much INFO? :lol:
constantine

Nov 01, 2006
sage....not funny!!!! :evil:

I can remember Toto now, I believe their a legend...Rossanna..dun duh dun...

I have one Iranian friend, he still loves Toto, Im gonna tell him about this! nice taste const :wink:
zam

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events