You're So VAIN

Topic locked
You're so VAIN Nov 07, 2006
I’ve heard this many times. Men complaining about the lady for being so vain and vice versa.

Is vanity in men a culture, generation or something else? Which gender is the vainest men or women?
:wink:

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
On the whole, women tend to be more vain than men because there is more pressure for women to be beautiful. Some men can be just as bad nowadays. I've known some men that always need to look at themselves in the mirror and spend more time on their hair than many women do.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 07, 2006
you probably think this song is about you......
noni
Dubai chat master

Nov 07, 2006
Calling Mr raider, calling Mr. vain, calling him insane
I know what I want and I want it now
I want you, cos I am Mr. vain

Or the song went something like that! hahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
kanelli wrote:On the whole, women tend to be more vain than men because there is more pressure for women to be beautiful. Some men can be just as bad nowadays. I've known some men that always need to look at themselves in the mirror and spend more time on their hair than many women do.

-- i've never met a guy whose so vain like my friend's cousin..he practically look himself to any mirror ..unintentionally...its just on his system.. he uses dove pink for his soap, 2 diff kinds of moisturiser, an olive oil for his feet...and he gave me some beauty tips as well..that i forgotten.. i mean you would thiink after hearing those things from him his gay..but he's such a playboy!..
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 07, 2006
Guys i've known in my generation are more vain than women. I think it's a culture thing too. :)
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
isabela wrote:-- i've never met a guy whose so vain like my friend's cousin..he practically look himself to any mirror ..unintentionally...its just on his system.. he uses dove pink for his soap, 2 diff kinds of moisturiser, an olive oil for his feet...and he gave me some beauty tips as well..that i forgotten.. i mean you would thiink after hearing those things from him his gay..but he's such a playboy!..

He sounds like one of Noni's boys! ;-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 08, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:
isabela wrote:-- i've never met a guy whose so vain like my friend's cousin..he practically look himself to any mirror ..unintentionally...its just on his system.. he uses dove pink for his soap, 2 diff kinds of moisturiser, an olive oil for his feet...and he gave me some beauty tips as well..that i forgotten.. i mean you would thiink after hearing those things from him his gay..but he's such a playboy!..

He sounds like one of Noni's boys! ;-)

And one of your lovers? :twisted:
noni
Dubai chat master

heyy Nov 08, 2006
lol....i dunt really think men are vain ...except sum .. a lil percentage...
ya i know many females who are in vainn
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 08, 2006
Would I be overstepping the mark here if i said:

Most Lebanese males are vain? I mean, come-on, you have to admit, tight t-shirts, slick-back hair, 3 series convert, can't fail to walk past a shop window without looking at themselves? hahahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
so how do you determine vanity from personal hygene?

- using pink dove soap ...is vanity??
- using cherry-flavored tooth floss?
- using skin moisturizers?
- using lip balm?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 08, 2006
kanelli wrote:On the whole, women tend to be more vain than men because there is more pressure for women to be beautiful. Some men can be just as bad nowadays. I've known some men that always need to look at themselves in the mirror and spend more time on their hair than many women do.

I dont do that K i dont even need to be in front of the mirror :lol:

women are more vain, but with the recent trend guys have started walking down the same lane.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
:lol:

Okay, maybe you have shifted what you would use for the hair onto the skin regime? :lol: :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Would I be overstepping the mark here if i said:

Most Lebanese males are vain? I mean, come-on, you have to admit, tight t-shirts, slick-back hair, 3 series convert, can't fail to walk past a shop window without looking at themselves? hahahahahahahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very true! Not only lebanese, most arabs York. That's why it's a culture thing. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
I bet you think this song is about you, dont you? dont you? :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat