If You Lock Your Keys In The Car

Topic locked
If you lock your keys in the car Dec 24, 2008
If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call

someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person
at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on
their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your
keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away,
and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you

can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

mind

Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 24, 2008
heard it though... tried it though...

never worked .... might have been improperly trying it....

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Re: If you lock your keys in the car Dec 24, 2008
@Mindnu:
you are kidding right??? don't tell me you believed this??? :lol:

read and learn before some other fools read your post and believe it

"Your remote car key operates by sending a weak, encrypted radio signal to a receiver inside the automobile, which in turn activates the door locks.

"Since the system works on radio waves, not sound, the only conceivable way a signal from your spare remote could be picked up by one cell phone and relayed to your car's onboard receiver by another would be if both phones were capable of sending and receiving at exactly the same frequency as the remote itself - which they can't be, given that all remote entry devices operate at frequencies between 300 and 500 MHz, while all mobile phones, by law, operate at 800 MHz and higher.

"It's apples vs. oranges, in other words. Your cell phone can no more transmit the type of signal needed to unlock a car door than your remote key is capable of dialing up your Aunt Mary ... though no one can predict what miracles the future may bring. "

more on this website http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 24, 2008
it worked for me !!
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 24, 2008
Mindnu wrote:it worked for me !!

Lol :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 24, 2008
Hahaha easiest way is stick a coat hanger down the door and lift up the lock. Or have a car like mine with a combination lock on the door, you can lock your keys in the car - no worries.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 25, 2008
Or make a multiple copies then hid it on every corner of your house... 've tried it and guess if it works or not...:lol: :cheers:
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008
spirophonix wrote:Or make a multiple copies then hid it on every corner of your house... 've tried it and guess if it works or not...:lol: :cheers:

Make copies of the keys? You cannot make cheap copies of modern car keys any more. Even the cheapest car keys have a chip in them now.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 25, 2008
gtmash wrote:
spirophonix wrote:Or make a multiple copies then hid it on every corner of your house... 've tried it and guess if it works or not...:lol: :cheers:

Make copies of the keys? You cannot make cheap copies of modern car keys any more. Even the cheapest car keys have a chip in them now.

exactly.. you only get them from the dealer... and for example it will cost me around 800AED to get a spare key for my car :(
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 25, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
gtmash wrote:

exactly.. you only get them from the dealer... and for example it will cost me around 800AED to get a spare key for my car :(

I never checked that with the dealer..

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 25, 2008
call 999 they will send someone over, a contractor usually, they will charge you 50 dhs and you will get access to your car. Tried it and it works :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 26, 2008
Or you have friends who used to be pub landlords, as one of the first things police teache them is how to break into cars, for when their regulars lock their keys in their cars! :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Or you have friends who used to be pub landlords, as one of the first things police teache them is how to break into cars, for when their regulars lock their keys in their cars! :D

dont believe everything everyone tells you

:P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 26, 2008
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 27, 2008
arniegang wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Or you have friends who used to be pub landlords, as one of the first things police teache them is how to break into cars, for when their regulars lock their keys in their cars! :D

dont believe everything everyone tells you

:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 27, 2008
sharfraz wrote:lock picking is banned in the uae

check it here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock_picking

http://home.howstuffworks.com/lock-picking.htm

Shit!
Site Blocked!
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 27, 2008
Lots of things are banned, doesn't mean that people don't do them!!!

Arnie and Sage, Well all the guys I knew could do it? You just feeling left out because you can't?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 27, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Lots of things are banned, doesn't mean that people don't do them!!!

Arnie and Sage, Well all the guys I knew could do it? You just feeling left out because you can't?

I dont feel left out at all Chocs. The cars i have have are supplied with intellegent key fobs all i need to do is keep them in my pocket to open and start the car. Therefore it is impossible to lock the keys in my car.

The bit i was saying about dont believe everything you hear Chocs is that you stated that the police train landlords to break into cars.

This is complete of and utter nonsence of course and i would be very surprised if you believed that
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 27, 2008
There used to be a way of blasting the central locking by hurling a tennisball/half a tennis ball at the lock, pneumatics physics or something....

Heard about it, watched it on TV, 'Top Gear' or something back in the UK...probably

what do I know?
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 27, 2008
and if you have a really crap car like a Megane (personal experience) the key is an emormous credit card size key, you're not going to be able to lock the key inside because you need it to lock the car.

Great for numpties like me.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 28, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Lots of things are banned, doesn't mean that people don't do them!!!

I didn't say I could or couldn't do it, I just thought that Arnie's comment was funny
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 04, 2009
back to real topic,

the cell phone thing doesn't work with most of the CLS (central locking system),especially with cars fitted with systems from the factory/manufacturer.

the radio frequency (or the signal) between the RC & the controller are encrypted or locked to a particular frequency. Latest models have the signals encrypted.

Somehow there is a possibility that, vehicles equipped with 3rd party CLS (i am talking about the cls that you can install from any car accessories shop) can be unlocked using any remote control from any 3rd party cls.

For example, you have remote control of your car(not a factory model), you can use the same remote control to unlock other cars (which has 3rd party cls)

To do that you need to open up your remote control & tune the tiny little screw to adjust the frequency. keep adjusting until the vehicle is unlocked.

You can also bind a copper string to the coil on the remote control board to extend the range.

If anyone would like to learn about this, i could demonstrate happily
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Wow dude! I don't wanna know how you know that. Are you a crack car thief in your spare time :lol:

Handy to know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^ He owns a car workshop!!!!!!!!
he mentioned once!!!!!
8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Cool! That must be rad!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
Hey choco.. long time no see.. where have you been..
have been reading your posts againsts uaekid & that bangali baba .. hahaha .. i salute you..

nah, i aint a crack car theif... just a lil techy..

good day mate!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
I'm good buddy! So Mr Tech! Tell me with today's mordern cars, is it still possible to hotwire them? The old fashioned way? Or is that a no go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
Yeah had a car workshop for tune ups & engine jobs.. closed recently..
quite hard to maintain customers and cars when you have a very few people working for you..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Oh no, sorry to hear about that. So here's something you might know actually I'm hoping you do. You know those new lights people have that look like LED's around the original lights? You can do them in different colours and they're super bright! What are they called and where can I get them installed? I wanna pimp my ride!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
possible with 2002 and below cars(japanese make, toyota./nissan). Most of the german & american, and these days the japanese vehicles are being equipped with some kill sensors or rather called cut outs that will switch the engine off. Jus the same way when you blow the battery main fuse in honda civic's & accords, in this case your alarm goes on!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat