Why Do Organisations Get Away With False Advertising?

Topic locked
Why do organisations get away with false advertising? Dec 28, 2005
Hello,

Just something that really got me going yesterday! I was browsing the DSF website and found in the following link it says 16th Jan - R Kelly & Will Smith Concert at Zabeel Park! What on earth were they thinking!

http://www.mydsf.ae/dsf/eng/dsf_events_ ... sp=0&SWF=9

I will give you 3 very good reasons why this can't possibly be true.

1) R Kelly is in the middle of a court case and is not allowed to leave the states, so unless someone here has some damn good contacts and can get him his passport back, it ain't happening. If by some miracle it does - respect!

2) R Kelly hasn't toured in years because he won't fly, he's terrified of getting on a plane.

3) Will Smith you'd have to pay a bucket load for, he's not just a music artist but a maga hollywood star.

Also a gig for those two, in a park? Yeah OK, zero access, zero parking.

It's stuff like this that has to make the true events companies work ten times harder than they have to, just to prove themselves.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 28, 2005
may be its possible...........why not well its dubai after all.............maybe they are just advertising to attract tourists who knows.........eveythin is possible over here
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2005
hm, good question - I checked the title and It says R.Kelly/W. Smith MUSIC concert. That can mean everything and nothing - what do you think?

Strange thing!!!!!!

Nic
Kleine177
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 28, 2005
My guess would be the 2 people on stage will be impersonators, the promotors just likely missed that "small" detail.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 28, 2005
hey fayz

That makes sense :lol: do you really think somebody will think these guys are the real ones?
Kleine177
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 28, 2005
I think you guys are probably right, and the organisers ar omitting that small detail.

I know for a fact that R Kelly cannot leave the US, one of my buddies went to school with him and when he saw it he called and asked about it. No truth in it at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 29, 2005
that's so funny & ridiculous. How can will smith ever come to zabeel park?! with his awful voice & music?! doesn't make any sense..
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2005
fayz wrote:My guess would be the 2 people on stage will be impersonators, the promotors just likely missed that "small" detail.

Yeah fake like u and the abs black guy in the dubai romance post.... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 29, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
fayz wrote:My guess would be the 2 people on stage will be impersonators, the promotors just likely missed that "small" detail.

Yeah fake like u and the abs black guy in the dubai romance post.... :lol:

HAHAHA okay mr. Mongolian who looks like he has never seen the sun :lol: :lol: You're still winning anyway i'm just trying to give you a run for your money.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat