Where Can I Complain About Salik?

Topic locked
Where can I complain about Salik? Jan 12, 2008
I topped up my Salik account with AED 200, 5 days ago and this morning got a message that I have only two dirhams in my account and they gave me two days to top it up. I may have used no more than 40-45 dhs during this time period. I called the Salik hotline to complain and the local-wannabe who answered almost accused me of lying about my Salk usage.

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
Sorry to say, but there is nowhere you can complain.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 12, 2008
I had this problem too...

Create your login on the salik site and you can check the transactions on your account.

I recently sold my car and took the old tag out and the buyer of the car then purchased their own tag but for some reason it went onto my account due to a mistake on their side.

Turns out I have been paying their salik for 3 months! All sorted now though.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
Like my father always said - like pis----ing in the wind.
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 12, 2008
There is an 0800 number for RTA. Try that. Failing that, go down there. The fact that you are so angry you turn up on their door, is usually a sign of innocence or a genuine complainant.

Write to Mattar Al Tayer!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 12, 2008
I should have been more detailed.

You can complain to lots of places:

* here
* 7 Days
* Gulf News (they won't print it though)
* RTA

but in terms of getting a resolution...

Won't happen.
^ian^

Jan 12, 2008
Call Salik directly and ask to speak to Desmond Rodrigues. He's a supervisor/manager there. I was very blunt stating what the problem was and how I wanted it sorted and he sorted it all out very quickly.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
Now there you go! Consumer power working for the masses via Dubai Forums.

Having a name is useful as well. Is he just in charge of Salik, or RTA on the whole?

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Now there you go! Consumer power working for the masses via Dubai Forums.

Having a name is useful as well. Is he just in charge of Salik, or RTA on the whole?

Knight

He must be only a grunt, considering his photo never gets printed whenever RTA pats itself on the back.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 13, 2008
I talked to the shi**ers again and they are saying that no the system is right and there is no way it could be wrong. I have my wasta contacts looking into it for me.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Now there you go! Consumer power working for the masses via Dubai Forums.

Knight

He's a manager there as far as I know. You have to be firm with these people and demand that it gets sorted. This guy was very helpful and got the job done. (Very rare)!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:I talked to the shi**ers again and they are saying that no the system is right and there is no way it could be wrong. I have my wasta contacts looking into it for me.

It all actually works perfect for me, pay on line, it gets credited instantly to my account, proper record of when I pass through etc. The problem is the people that are now dodging the Salik, creating a traffic nightmare for me!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat