Where's All The Fun

Topic locked
Where's all the fun Apr 15, 2010
Where's all the fun in here? Whats happening to people with interestng views and opinions of various issues /or non issues. Or is it the rule that 'You dont need to have an opion or any opinion of yours is best kept at yourself?"

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Where's all the fun Apr 15, 2010
Well in my opinion, currently we are going through a Dubai and Islam Bashing phase. Many got tired and just stopped logging in. Hopefully that phased has peaked and is on its way out and happy days ahead.:D

Also another major problem ( again in view ) is the endless spam infestation. Other than the general/politics/romance the entire forum is just a big collection of spam. I dont even bother to check anything other than the 3 stated as there is nothing there other than spam and even if there is. Its lost in a sea of spam.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Any DF meets happening? Or is it also something thats been phased out?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Phased out me thinks, or ask the "old guard" ;)

Would be fun to revive it though. I think there would be a few fatalities the moment some members walked in LOOOOOL !
desertdudeshj

St.Lucifer wrote:Where's all the fun in here? Whats happening to people with interestng views and opinions of various issues /or non issues. Or is it the rule that 'You dont need to have an opion or any opinion of yours is best kept at yourself?"

Why don't you start something my friend?
I'm trying to bring up some topics to talk about with others such as Pets, Restaurants. Perhaps you wanna share something too ;)
symmetric
BANNED

desertdudeshj wrote:Well in my opinion, currently we are going through a Dubai and Islam Bashing phase. Many got tired and just stopped logging in. Hopefully that phased has peaked and is on its way out and happy days ahead.:D

Also another major problem ( again in view ) is the endless spam infestation. Other than the general/politics/romance the entire forum is just a big collection of spam. I dont even bother to check anything other than the 3 stated as there is nothing there other than spam and even if there is. Its lost in a sea of spam.

Spam is indeed a problem and it is now increasing with the forum being opened for new membership, I am disapproving a minimum of 5 new posts a day which are spam, it also takes a lot of time to sift through each section, time which I don't always have available. It should also be noted that I am also not Moderating all sections.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well maybe more members need to be deputized who have spam pest control abilities.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well maybe more members need to be deputized who have spam pest control abilities.

Or you could have like a voting system, if 10 members vote thatt post for being spam it automatically gets deleted or something, but that might get abused. . . .
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Where's all the fun Apr 16, 2010
We Mods are robots who actually enjoy sifting through 300 spam ads for Chinese biros every day!

Well Sage is!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Ban the spammers and IP address ?
desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:We Mods are robots who actually enjoy sifting through 300 spam ads for Chinese biros every day!

Well Sage is!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Hey DK, be nice to your Uncle :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat