What Is In Store For The Weekend?

Topic locked
What is in store for the weekend? Sep 28, 2012
For some weekend already started, for others it will start today. What are you going to do? Any nice plans?
I am having dinners with some friends in Utrecht. Havenot been out there for a while and it is a nice student town. One has a new daughter, so a baby visit will also happen. Saturday some cycling is planned, but that also depend on the wheather, autumn has started. And a visit to a buckle store. I bought a new suite, and have to find a matching belt. In between I will have to find time to prepare for an exam next month.

What does your weekend look like?

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Sep 28, 2012
My weekend has started today FD! I've taken Friday off work as I'm looking after a new addition to our family. She is proving to be the bestest baby in the whole wide world! At the moment she is in her cot listening to Rainy Days and Mondays by the Carpenters on my mobile phone.

At lunch time I'm of to have a facial and then some shopping. Dorothy Perkins have 30% off so I might treat Beth to some new jeans.

I think we may have a take away for tea. I can't possibly be expected to cook after my busy day.

Not sure about the rest of the weekend, depends if I have a hang over :P
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

No real weekend for me as working today and tomorrow, but hopefully will get to take the boat our and do some wakeboarding.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

BMreformed wrote:At the moment she is in her cot listening to Rainy Days and Mondays by the Carpenters on my mobile phone.

How sweet!
Chocoholic wrote:hopefully will get to take the boat our and do some wakeboarding.

Sounds like a plan! Have fun!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Chilling and golf
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Saturday / Sunday weekends in Ghana, will be doing some serious housework on Saturday and then meeting my Babe at the Airport on Sunday, coming in from Dubai.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Saturday / Sunday weekends in Ghana, will be doing some serious housework on Saturday and then meeting my Babe at the Airport on Sunday, coming in from Dubai.

No BBQ planned?
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman ,

Not enough time for preparation, will definately have one going next weekend. We will probably go out for a bite as she will be tired after the flight
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

drewpeacock wrote:Chilling and golf

What's your handycap? Apart from being called DrewP? :P
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

preparing finacial reports for the year
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus ,

Thats a Bummer
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Welcome back FD! :D
I am going to have some Iranian kebabs this weekend
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

BMreformed wrote:
drewpeacock wrote:Chilling and golf

What's your handycap? Apart from being called DrewP? :P

Handicap is both arms and legs aided by poor vision.

But 12 will do.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

sage & onion , it is ok, profit was good this year. That was the reason for doing financial reports early and distributing profits because most shareholders go on vacations durning this quarter of the year. After this I'll go on vacation too lol
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus ,

Fair play, good luck to you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 04, 2012
My weekend started on Monday and lasts a whole week :D
Tonight I'm meeting some like minded people for a couple of drinks, Manchester City fans!
Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend for breakfast. He is always early and never ever late. We will go to a nice cafe where I will have 3 cups of coffee ( which he disapproves of) orange juice (that's ok) and a plain omelette. I used to have cheese but he disapproves of cheese too :?
When he drops me off I won't get the usual 2 pecks on each cheek as he is washed and ready to pray. What I get is a slap on the bottom as I exit the RR. I don't take offence :D

That's Range Rover and not Rolls Royce, btw.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

That's what I call a long weekend :-).

For me, Saturday morning I'll be driving to Amsterdam for some practising on the golf course, as somebody challenged me on Sunday. During the day I'll head south to pay to some family visits. And Sunday, yes, the big game. Fingers crossed!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

We are going to try a new restaurant just opened on the Spintex Road, Accra, on Saturday evening, we really need it to be a "Fine dining" experience, wish us luck.

--- Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 pm ---

BMreformed ,

Whats he praying for????

Forgiveness for the slap on the Bum, hahahaha
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 05, 2012
Gardening and praying. Hopefully thats how my weekend will pass :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

So everyone has plans!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather FD, it doesn't look that good for you according to Sky. Which footsie match will you be watching?
City play Sunderland tomorrow. We might let them win. Their fans loved their last match of the season when they watched the looks on Man Utds faces when they realised they had lost the Premiership. What a day!

Well Sage, I've had breakfast and I didn't get my usual Friday smack on the backside. I must be losing my touch :D

Happy gardening FF, you'll be praying for rain I expect.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Which footsie match will you be watching?

Tonight is NEC - ADO Den Haag. I am going to watch that one. ADO isnot doing bad at all this season and as things look now are still in the race for European football. The only matches that really matter in The Hague are the ones against Ajax, two weeks ago it was a 1-1 draw, so the season is already a reasonable success.

I still have some cathcing up to do with the CL of this week. so I will probably go through the highlights. If I have time I will watch Barca-Real tomorrow evening and might watch City-Sunderland on my app while I am on the Golf driving range tomorrow afternoon.

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Happy gardening Flyer!

And have great one Sage.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

BMreformed wrote:you'll be praying for rain I expect.

No. Forgiveness.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 27, 2012
Phew! I need a week day to recover from the weekend! For women it's easier to spend the day in paid employment than to stay at home and work for nothing.
Last night we went out for a meal. I nearly said supper.
In Cumbria the locals call the evening meal 'supper'. I call it 'tea'. Or if I'm feeling posh, it's 'dinner'. Although, to be honest, dinner for me is at 1o'clock in the afternoon. When I'm about to have my dinner at work, I say I'm going to lunch. How very confusing!
Anyway, last night I had lasagne and 3 glasses of Chardonnay for my tea.
This morning I went to work and earned some money for 4 hours.
I came home and took Beth 'food' shopping and spent more than I earned.
That's a bit depressing.
We came home and put all the food away, I then hoovered all through my house, dusted the TV and did a bit of gardening.
The fuchsias and geraniums are put away for the winter and with any luck they will survive to see the spring.
I was spurred onto put the plants away as the temperature was 1c when I left for work this morning. Brrrrrr.
I made the tea and we're having beef burginoine and rice. It's a sauce I chuck in with some quick fry steak and mushrooms and cook the rice in coconut milk. It's one of Beth's favourites.
Now I'm chillin watching Strictly Come Dancing with a well earned glass of Chardonnay. I intend to finish the bottle.

How's your weekend shaping up?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 28, 2012
BMreformed wrote: It's a sauce I chuck in with some quick fry steak and mushrooms and cook the rice in coconut milk.

Sounds yummy!

The words supper and dinner have been explained to me multiple times, but I still mix them up.

We got an extra hour this weekend, which is great.

Yesterday I went to a funeral. The mother of a very good friend died. She survived a Japanese concentration camp in WWII in Indonesia as a child. She was a distant and harsh person. Her daughter said that she always said she was very proud 'of her boys', referring to us three. She never showed anything of it. It gave some water in my eyes hearing that. She was a tough cookie to crack, a stroke, 2 heart attacks and a severe lung flu. I am not much of a religious person, but I hope she found peace. In the evening two of us went for some beers. Until late we watched movies, and in the morning we had a nice breakfast. His girlfriend explained she is into numbers, especially 1,2 and 3, and that angels give messages through clocks. That was a little weird, but I said I like numbers too. This morning I went for a swim and a steam bath and in the afternoon I did some cycling.The rest of the afternoon will probably be watching TV with two feet on the tabel and some reading and if I feel like it, preparing for a trip this week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Funerals give people a wake up call FD. I'm pleased you gave her a good send off.

We got an extra hour too! LOL, what's that all about? I hate trying to sort out all the clocks, same change themselves and some don't. I wish they'd leave the time alone.

I'm just about to leave work for home. My dad's coming round. It's roast pork, stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflour, broccoli, yorkshire puddings and gravy for tea, followed by Christmas pudding and custard. I'm trying a Christmas pudding from Aldi, and if it's ok, we'll have that one at Christmas. A trial run.

If I time it right, it will all the veg will peeled and the meat in the oven and I can watch United play Chelsea on Sky Sports :D

A woman's work is never done.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Well, I didn't do my usual gardening and praying this weekend :D .
It was raining as I emerged from my lair at 6 am on Saturday, and headed to the Four Seasons Hotel for a breakfast followed by a seminar, then Lunch. Interesting! I think there is potential there, not all BS :P
Sunday, ie today, I am going to make some fish for "Dinner". Baked Salmon with steamed rice and butter. Usually turns out nice.
I've had a long walk because I didn't take the car to go to the Bank.
I think getting a bicycle like FD would be best, but I dont know whether I still have the skills to balance on two wheels. And then all those mountains to climb :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

FF, riding a bike is like making love. One never forgets :D

Salmon? Ick.

And how very rude of me, I forgot to say have a good trip FD!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

CBA :P
Well, I'll take your word for it and try!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 29, 2012
CBA to do what FF? :shock: I hope you don't mean you can't be arsed to make the effort?

Making love is good exercise. And good fun too :D just think of all those muscles you would be exercising at once!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: What Is In Store For The Weekend? Oct 29, 2012
I was talking of cycling :shock:
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat