What People Will Do For Publicity

Topic locked
What people will do for publicity Feb 13, 2009
Take the time to read this and then tell me why she lied?

http://news.aol.com/article/figge-atlan ... oax/333360

Woman Who 'Swam Atlantic' Didn't Really

Feb. 12) - Jennifer Figge, of Aspen, Colo., made worldwide headlines last weekend amid claims she was the first woman to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. As it turns out, she actually spent most of the journey on a boat.
Skip over this content
Story Doesn't Hold Water
News agencies reported last weekend that Jennifer Figge, 56, swam more than 2,000 miles across sometimes choppy seas to become the first woman to ever swim across the Atlantic Ocean. It would have been an amazing accomplishment -- if only it were true. It turns out Figge only spent a small fraction of the journey in the water.
On Saturday, The Associated Press, Agence France-Presse and other major news services reported erroneously that Figge, 56, had swum from the west coast of Africa to the Caribbean over a period of 25 days.
Suspicious bloggers and Web sites did the math and disputed the feat, saying such an accomplishment is simply not feasible. As noted by The Guardian, Figge would have had to swim 80 miles a day at least to cover the distance in that length of time.
It turns out Figge swam only a fraction of the 2,100-mile journey. The rest of the time, she rested on her crew's westward-sailing catamaran.
Her spokesman, David Higdon, told The AP on Tuesday that her total swimming distance has not been calculated yet, but that due to ocean hazards including inclement weather, he estimates she swam about 250 miles.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 13, 2009
dammm... spot on Sage... I have read about her last week and I myself like OMG?!?!? is this true??? a 56yrs old swim the atlantic on 25days ????

this report makes total sense.
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 13, 2009
hahahahaaa..

what is this female gonna do with popularity at the age of 56?
hire sum hunks.. ? lol
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 16, 2009
crazy haha
adpcc
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat