Well Done South Africa

Topic locked
Well done South Africa Jun 22, 2010
They may not have progressed to the next round but they did beat the French, for me that's like a mini World Cup victory :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Well Done South Africa Jun 22, 2010
No way, I totally forgot about the match last time I heard they were 1 1. Awesome. Some serious fcuk up in the french camp. The English and French team ruining the sportsman and general spirit of the game and tournament.

Shame on france. From Former champions, to runners up last time. This time round coundn't even pass the knockout round due to petty BS and infighting. I guess they just couldn't help being french all the time ,)

England better learn a lesson from this and cut this BS and get their act toghter
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 22, 2010
Hahaha funny as - GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Did you guys see the rude manner of the French coach when he refused to shake hands with the South African coach? :shock:

At the press conference he got embaressing questions that he refused to answer, & it was so funny how the media guys were repeating the same question "Why didnt you shake hands with the S.African coach?" :mrgreen:

Good job South Africa 8)
symmetric
BANNED

Chocoholic wrote:GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!!

So they went!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:No way, I totally forgot about the match last time I heard they were 1 1. Awesome. Some serious fcuk up in the french camp. The English and French team ruining the sportsman and general spirit of the game and tournament.

Shame on france. From Former champions, to runners up last time. This time round coundn't even pass the knockout round due to petty BS and infighting. I guess they just couldn't help being french all the time ,)

England better learn a lesson from this and cut this BS and get their act toghter

It was never 1-1, DD. South Africa were leading 2-0, then France got its only goal in the tournament, ending in a 2-1 win for SA.

The refs were bad. The first SA goal was in contention (a possible handball) and the ejection of the French player, early on in the match, was totally unwarranted.

Neverthless, I am glad for SA. They definitely outclassed the French in the first half, but surprisingly they fizzled out in the 2nd half.

Yeah….GO Bafana Bafana!!!

:bounce: :bounce:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

My bad I caught what I think was a 1 1 result on the radio while switching off my car. AH well doesnt matter now.
desertdudeshj

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 23, 2010
come on guys, the french had a weak team, no anelka no evra, their mindset was effed up, there was no unity in the team. The bafanas got lucky on the day. Being a football fan its a shame to see what happened with france. They got some talented players who play at the top level across europe. They should have been going through not Mexico.

Imagine Argentia vs Mexico :S now imagine Argentina vs France hmmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Well Done South Africa Jun 23, 2010
its surprising tht some of the european teams keep basking in the past glory..just 'coz they are the past world cup winners or home to some grt club football doesn't mean tht their national teams will win..
french were an average team this year..n so they lost.. they deserved this..

n for english, does any one remember last time they won the world cup?? wasn't even born then..but still they n their fans have such unreasonably high expectations from a bunch of overhyped n highly paid average footballers..
but i 'm ready to bet tht during the next world cup, u will have the same story repeated n ppl reacting the same way..
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 23, 2010
I remember when England won the world cup...

of tiddly-winks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 24, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:I remember when England won the world cup...

of tiddly-winks!

Knight

I do remember it 4-2 at Wembley against West Germany, and we are now well on the way again.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

rudeboy wrote:come on guys, the french had a weak team, no anelka no evra, their mindset was effed up, there was no unity in the team. The bafanas got lucky on the day. Being a football fan its a shame to see what happened with france. They got some talented players who play at the top level across europe. They should have been going through not Mexico.

Imagine Argentia vs Mexico :S now imagine Argentina vs France hmmmm

Where have you been amigo? U were missed :wink:

Algeria 0 - 1 USA :D .. I really wanted Algeria out :twisted:
symmetric
BANNED

sage & onion wrote:

of tiddly-winks!

Knight

I do remember it 4-2 at Wembley against West Germany, and we are now well on the way again.

I also remember that day. Watching in grainy black and white.

I can also still name the entire team! How sad!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Well Done South Africa Jun 24, 2010
man you guys are some old @ss people !
desertdudeshj

sage & onion wrote:

of tiddly-winks!

Knight

you are having a laff matey "well on the way" indeed.

mind you i am one of the few who hope Engaaaaaaaland get chucked out, then we can have our normal telly back. I for one am sick of having to see Emmerdale Farm and Corrie Street cancelled just to watch a stupid footy match.

:P
arniegang

arniegang wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

of tiddly-winks!

Knight

mind you i am one of the few who hope Engaaaaaaaland get chucked out, then we can have our normal telly back. I for one am sick of having to see Emmerdale Farm and Corrie Street cancelled just to watch a stupid footy match.

Your no fun at all :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 26, 2010
Bye bye South Africa!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 26, 2010
arniegang wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

of tiddly-winks!

Knight

Another comment like that and I'll smash ya face in! :) :) :)
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Well done South Africa Jun 27, 2010
Tch! Football hooligans!

Another reason for not supporting the round ball. Stick to rugby where the violence is on the pitch and the guys all meet up in the bar for a beer after kicking ten tons of sh*te out of each other!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat