Well Done Qatar And Russia!

Topic locked
Re: Well done qatar and russia! Dec 05, 2010
Zubber, are you trying to make out I is thick or sommat?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Well Done Qatar And Russia! Dec 05, 2010
Nay ! Beth's mother , I iz trying for you and all here to appreciate holographic technology :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Wrong crowd bud
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Wrong crowd bud

tell me what you think man , it a cool idea by the japs right ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I think its awesome could be used for so much more. Starwar-esque Holographic calls. Holographic movies. Imagine where you sit in a stadium like config to watch a movie in actual 3D. Doc operating etc etc, endless possiblities mate
desertdudeshj

yeah man totally, eventually those 3d projectors can be bought by regular folk, and have 3d images projected in the air , Penthouse on demand would be so much more exciting heh
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Boys toys. Give me a real man anyday.
Bethsmum

:roll:
desertdudeshj

Hopefully we could eventually do without girly, overpaid, poncey hair-do, bad actors to play football as well...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

I hope you are not refering to my David! BTW just watched Sunderland beat West Ham 1-0, the sun must shine a lot in Sunderland :wink:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I hope you are not refering to my David! BTW just watched Sunderland beat West Ham 1-0, the sun must shine a lot in Sunderland :wink:

You know Sunderland.

You therefore know it doesn't!

It rains a lot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

After reading that FIFA demands complete exemption of tax and exemption for all FIFA employees of criminal prosecution, I thought Sepp can stick it where the sun doesnt shine.

For the English: dont be sour loosers, but try to be proud winners of the World Cup in 2014 and 2018, that will allow you to make a very long noose to the FIFA. 8)
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dubai Knight wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I hope you are not refering to my David! BTW just watched Sunderland beat West Ham 1-0, the sun must shine a lot in Sunderland :wink:

You know Sunderland.

It rains a lot.

Knight

Where do all the players get their sun tans?

-- Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm --

Flying Dutchman wrote:After reading that FIFA demands complete exemption of tax and exemption for all FIFA employees of criminal prosecution, I thought Sepp can stick it where the sun doesnt shine.

For the English: dont be sour loosers, but try to be proud winners of the World Cup in 2014 and 2018, that will allow you to make a very long noose to the FIFA. 8)

The FIFA lot were booked into the Dorchester for the duration of the Olympics at a cost to the British taxpayer of £1k a night. Good old Boris has pulled the plug on that and now says they can stay in B&B down the Old Kent Road at their own expense. Now Boris is my kind of man, I would vote for him over the BNP any day. Big Up Boris.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

You know Sunderland.

It rains a lot.

Knight

Where do all the players get their sun tans?

Either in the country where they come from or down at Ravis spray tanning centre in Gateshead!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Gatesheeeed?
Bethsmum

Re: Well done qatar and russia! Dec 06, 2010
Well tha's naff aal in Soonderlaand!

Knight
Dubai Knight

DK I'll have you know I did my courting in Sunderland! My first husband treated me to chips and gravy in the bus station on many a night out. He won my heart!
Bethsmum

FIFA's award is just a global economy "stimulant". Were the Worldcups awarded to England and Australia (as was expected) the economic impact would be a lot less. That is because England and Australia already have the infrastructure, stadia and hotels in place whereas Qatar will have to build all of it (and employ thousands for many years) - Russia will have to do a lot of work in the infrastructure/hotel department as well.

I don't believe the Worldcup will actually be hosted in Qatar in 2022. Something might come-up :wink: and they may have to move it elswhere (this happned before). Check this forum in November 2020 :wink:

What will happen if Israel qualifies :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

An Israeli delegation and the Jewish flag in Qatar? oh I want to see that.........
capsicum
BANNED

capsicum wrote:An Israeli delegation and the Jewish flag in Qatar? oh I want to see that.........

Conspiracy "theorists" are already working on a scenario in which Israel qualifies so that the WorldCup has to be moved...then a holy mess....
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

not gonna happen anyways, the whole place will glow in the dark for years and years after a war with Iran.
capsicum
BANNED

capsicum wrote:not gonna happen anyways, the whole place will glow in the dark for years and years after a war with Iran.

that too :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:What about the logistics MCL. Will Qatar build another airport, can you see all the fans landing at Doha? All the stadiums will be in a 40 mile radius, where will all the fans stay and what will they do inbetween matches? I don't see people camping and having a kick about in that heat. Already the talk is of holding it in January. The World Cup will be changed forever. Sepp Blatter is hoping for a Nobel peace Prize by taking the World Cup to all corners of the globe. This was not a footballing decision. None of those FIFA men have ever played, they want sacking, the lot of them. But having said that I wish the Qataris good luck, they have got it and I hope they showcase the Middle East in a good light.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm? ... 87729#this

Old man Sepp is sure feeling the heat! But guess what...... should he go, there is a high possibility that the next FIFA chief will be a Qatari :lol:
But with matters of voting one man shouldn't hold so much authority, It's high time someone actually sues FIFA, and changes their entire setup.
I have a theory. Every-time a major vote is required in FIFA, let all 207 of their member countries send in a delegate to vote. Those chiefs should then be locked in a castle for a three whole days, until the voting process is complete. During those three days there must no outside communication of any kind. No phones, TV or Internet, nothing. That's the only way to ensure a free and fair voting process.

- Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm --

zubber wrote:Um.. Guyz, Actually what the japanese had in mind was to broadcast LIVE 3d HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGES, PLAYING ON ACTUAL FIELD, TO put it plainly, say, if a match was going on between BRAZIL and ITALY in and ENGLISH STADIUM for example,

The actual 3d HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGES of each one of the players doing the exact same moves would be projected on AN ACTUAL FOOTBALL FIELD in say for example MOSCOW. THe game was not going to be projected on a screen, but they would be actual 3D LIFESIZE HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGES :)

If say you were not one of those than can afford the tickets for a WC MATCH, Hey you could always go to the stadium to see their HOLOGRAMS play .

Maybe not as exciting as seeing the real thing, but hey, From a tech perspective its absolutely fantastic.

Hope you guyz understand what HOLOGRAMS are :)

I was wondering is there a Holograms Non Proliferation Treaty or someting? What difference does it make as to where the world cup is hosted. If they are anyways gonna be life-size holographic images on a pitch in a CITY near you, then why does is matter if the cup is hosted in Japan or Antarctica? If Sony wants they could experiment the same technology in Qatar too. Just like how German architects are doing, along with American contractors etc etc
Unless off-course Sony plans to use CGI, but then we'd need those goofy glasses to view images.
PS I realize it makes for an attractive pitch and everything. But now that Japan has lost the bid Sony could pursue this ambition of theirs anywhere else.

And are you aware of any other instance where anyone has actually used real-time holograms?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:Unless off-course Sony plans to use CGI, but then we'd need those goofy glasses to view images.

Yes well technically they're all CGI, The hologram idea of the japs was that the holograms would be projected in the air (dont ask me how), so you wouldnt need to use glasses or anything.

And are you aware of any other instance where anyone has actually used real-time holograms?

Actually at the current moment in time, holograms cannot be projected in air, they have to be done on a screen or surface of some kind, but they do have scientific applications, the one that comes to mind is students of surgery, when they can see the organ in 3dimensions and understand what the surgical procedure does.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Well Done Qatar And Russia! Dec 06, 2010
Well the gorillaz have performed "live" so why not footie
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat