Want To Check Gold Prices

Topic locked
Want to check Gold prices Jan 30, 2008
Hello

I need help regarding Gold prices etc

I am staying in Duabi for 2 days next month and i am looking to buy some Gold jewelley for my wife , and i do not have any idea regarding prices over there.
Please send me any link where i can check the prices of gold jewellery or would be able to buy online.

Thanks

softmind82
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Want to check Gold prices Jan 30, 2008
softmind82 wrote:Hello

I am staying in Duabi for 2 days next month and i am looking to buy some Gold jewelley for my wife , and i do not have any idea regarding prices over there.
Please send me any link where i can check the prices of gold jewellery or would be able to buy online.

Thanks

When you arrive, just go to the Gold Souk (every cab driver no matter how new knows where this is) and browse. The gold is all certified by the government and is 22 carat for yellow and 18 carat for white. Prices are all negotiable and you will soon find that it is done by weight.

Today's rate is $916 per troy oz.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:
When you arrive, just go to the Gold Souk (every cab driver no matter how new knows where this is) and browse. The gold is all certified by the government and is 22 carat for yellow and 18 carat for white. Prices are all negotiable and you will soon find that it is done by weight.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Is there any website where i can see the prices for gold set etc so according to that i can make up my mind.
That would be so helpful.

Thanks
softmind82
Dubai Expat Wannabe

softmind82 wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Is there any website where i can see the prices for gold set etc so according to that i can make up my mind.
That would be so helpful.

Thanks

Google: Gold rate

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2008
DK,

You seem the expert on gold, do you work in the market or something? :D

Any chance of a recommendation for a good decent (ie, does not rip you off) goldsmith that will custom make jewellery pieces? Do they provide valuation as well?
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dubai Knight wrote:
softmind82 wrote:Hello

Thanks

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Also..the current price of gold per gram is 109 AED (24k), rates do vary everday, check this [url=http://www.nbd.com/NBD/NBD_CDA/CDA_Web_pages/Money_Market/gold_silver[url]web site[/url] from time to time to get the most recent one. The gold souq do sell their gold per gram here and also the price will still be a bit higher depending whether the gold is made in Dubai, Singapore or Italy. Also whether its handmade or machine made. But still you can haggle with the price, since there are lots of gold store here they tend to give decent discount to persuasive customer.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

softmind82 wrote:would be able to buy online.

Why buy online, since you have 2 days to spend here in Dubai, I suggest you go and experience buying in the gold souk. It's a must-see for all. You're in for a shocker when you see all the gold around you. :D
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat