Unappreciative Audience At Dubai Night Souk

Topic locked
Unappreciative Audience at Dubai Night Souk Feb 03, 2008
At night souk last night, there were 2 midjets doing their comic act n showcasing their juggling skills to a group of 70 odd ppl. They did a good show, eventhough the winds blowing at high speeds made it difficult to perform jugglery.. But it was appalling to see the very cold encouragement they got.. Very few people were appreciative of the show, even though they all stood there watching it. I was like wtf .. what does anyone lose by clapping and cheering up these nice artists who are giving u a free show.. for many of them artists its not just the money that they make from it that matters but the way people receive them and appreciate them n their act..

grrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 03, 2008
Maybe they were scared?
Maybe they were just pleased that the performers didn't blow away?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2008
Perhaps the performances were truly crap and didn't deserve any sort of hommage?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2008
Or perhaps the audience's hand are inside their pockets wary of growing number of pickpockets around public places.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Perhaps the performances were truly crap and didn't deserve any sort of hommage?

Hmm I thought it wasnt that bad.. It was certainly not a cirque du soleil but in their own ways they entertained the audience n engaged them for a good 30 - 40 min .. had they been that bad or boring ppl would've moved on coz it was at 9:30 pm and freezing.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 03, 2008
maybe the 70 odd ppl were to lazy to clap. it happens alot with me i dont clap nor do I think I have to clap. Y should I clap for something that I didnt pay to see? its like listening to the radio, the jockey is there to do their job they get paid to do their job wots the need for us to clap for them??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2008
Maybe they were afraid their hands would freeze and fall off if they clapped :roll:
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat