Topic locked
I'm TOUCHED!!!! Apr 23, 2009
I'm really touched friends from this news at 7DAYS

HONESTY!!!!

Vera.

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 23, 2009
One more thing to add AED 500/- for such a great deed by such a low earning worker, is toooooooooo LOW :(

What do you think??

I love Zakaath..... atleast like that, the bahraini could have give little more.

What do you think?

Vera.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 23, 2009
Who has 55K dhs in their wallet? Even in 1000s it must have been huge!

But yes, that Bahraini (?) is a bloody cheapskate. 500Dhs? He should have at least got a few thousand. He should have thought of it as idiot tax for a) keeping that much cash on him and b) bloody losing it.

What a lovely story though. That man is a champion. If there were more people like him in the world....
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Apr 23, 2009
PS: Holy sh!t. 750 a month? I earn more than that in a day.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Apr 23, 2009
He really is very cheap guy. But maybe the 55k was his entire life savings and couldn't afford to give more.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2009
Its usually these kind of people who are the most honest, I've returned extra change on an occasion on two but I'm sure I would have 2nd thoughts about the 55k. Even if for a few fleeting moments.

Some years ago a friend of mine who worked then as a driver for Budget rent a car, was driving a return back to station when in the back seat pocket found an A4 size envelop sh!t load of cash didn't bother to count it, and yes returned in. No rewards !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 24, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Its usually these kind of people who are the most honest, I've returned extra change on an occasion on two but I'm sure I would have 2nd thoughts about the 55k. Even if for a few fleeting moments.

Some years ago a friend of mine who worked then as a driver for Budget rent a car, was driving a return back to station when in the back seat pocket found an A4 size envelop sh!t load of cash didn't bother to count it, and yes returned in. No rewards !

No rewards !

Thats so mean...
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:PS: Holy sh!t. 750 a month? I earn more than that in a day.

In a day!!! thatz a gud newz now in recession.

HOW MUCH would you have given if your 55K was lost and returned????

Answer sincerelyall of you-

Me: 5000 dhirhams for sure.

Vera.
Updates always through 7DAYS
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:PS: Holy sh!t. 750 a month? I earn more than that in a day.

Vera.

10 percent is a reasonable finders fee, so 5k is fair, and especially for such a low wage earner.

You know quite a few people refuse to accept a reward anyway, poor or not poor. I refused in the past when finding a lady's purse because I don't need the money, and anyway giving the help is it's own reward. I'm sure most of us are the same. But for taxi drivers or labouring staff to refuse (as they often do unless you really press hard) is far more noble.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
vera.chandler wrote:

Vera.

10 percent is a reasonable finders fee, so 5k is fair, and especially for such a low wage earner.

You know quite a few people refuse to accept a reward anyway, poor or not poor. I refused in the past when finding a lady's purse because I don't need the money, and anyway giving the help is it's own reward. I'm sure most of us are the same. But for taxi drivers or labouring staff to refuse (as they often do unless you really press hard) is far more noble.

I would accept the reward, coz if I don't, it would deprive the other person from from feeling good about himself/herself by not allowing him/her do something good in return, and it would also make me look like someone who thinks she's too good to be rewarded by others.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2009
I wanted to know how much each one of you would pay if you were in place of the bahraini, who got back the money

Vera.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2009
I'd give him 5K
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Apr 24, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I'd give him 5K

I have to follow you until you drop something....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I'd give him 5K

Where was it you live? Ah yes....

...I'm not waiting for the 'price' to drop ;)
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
Snow wrote:I would accept the reward, coz if I don't, it would deprive the other person from from feeling good about himself/herself by not allowing him/her do something good in return, and it would also make me look like someone who thinks she's too good to be rewarded by others.

Of course you would accept the reward you little troll. We can only hope that you would do something useful with it - like getting your face waxed. I bet you are so ugly that you mother had to tie a porkchop bone around your neck just to get the dog to play with you!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Snow wrote:I would accept the reward, coz if I don't, it would deprive the other person from from feeling good about himself/herself by not allowing him/her do something good in return, and it would also make me look like someone who thinks she's too good to be rewarded by others.

Of course you would accept the reward you little troll. We can only hope that you would do something useful with it - like getting your face waxed. I bet you are so ugly that you mother had to tie a porkchop bone around your neck just to get the dog to play with you!!

:shock: FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT !

So where ? In the parking lot after school :D
desertdudeshj

Apr 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Women play easy now...and Bora Bora man you've got a sharp tongue!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

OMG!!!! :D Serious trashing LOL.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

come on man, in the playpool I filled with mud here just for the occasion...
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

You are not a teen sissy now are ya? ;)
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Like you didn't appreciate it. Actually I was being kind.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

come on man, in the playpool I filled with mud here just for the occasion...

RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
now we're cooking!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Like you didn't appreciate it. Actually I was being kind.

True...seeing you spit fire is pure joy :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
I'll bet its because of the puppy eyes she got there as a Kitten.

I'm in love with them ;)
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Dignified son, that's what I prefer!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009

Never heard of the Wild Wild West, now did you son?

:lol:
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Watch it MCL, you could be next. I am feeling feisty today!

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Watch it MCL you could be next. I am feeling very feisty today. And that was me being kind to the troll.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
@ Bora
is your husband at home as intimidated of you, as I am right now? :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat