SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2008
bolshi spacibo

thats a hot outfit
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2008
SparHawk wrote:we have russians among us?

do you have a problem with that mate? ... 8) :lol: ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 03, 2008
no probs at all..... i am sorry if it sounded as i had.... its just tht i wud luv to meet some russian.... just to ask them something thts been on my mind since i read 'the hunt for red october'

in the novel, one russian guy watches 'E.T." and says 'are all kids so free in USA' (something to that extent actually) ... and since then i have been wondering.... dont even kids have the freedom to play around there? or was it just the view of the author? (i personally thought that it shud be the author's view)
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2008
i would think that its just a novel, i havent been at the time of the CCCP but i think they were free enough to play around. You need to visit Russia, such a great place, it was pretty free :D ..... i miss moscow :cry: :cry:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2008
SparHawk wrote:no probs at all..... i am sorry if it sounded as i had.... dont even kids have the freedom to play around there? or was it just the view of the author? (i personally thought that it shud be the author's view)

Don’t forget that novels, biographies even documentary films tend to be commercialized … it is not all white and black there are some grey areas too ….

I personally had lovely childhood during USSR, with plenty of playtimes with my little friends, ice creams, bicycles, toys and summer trips abroad with parents … :lol: …….
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2008
JMK wrote:
SparHawk wrote:no probs at all..... i am sorry if it sounded as i had.... dont even kids have the freedom to play around there? or was it just the view of the author? (i personally thought that it shud be the author's view)

Don’t forget that novels, biographies even documentary films tend to be commercialized … it is not all white and black there are some grey areas too ….

I personally had lovely childhood during USSR, with plenty of playtimes with my little friends, ice creams, bicycles, toys and summer trips abroad with parents … :lol: …….

I used to love sputnik and illustrated magazine from ussr. Then close allies, people in India, especially from communist states used to love USSR. As a kid I'd gaze at those beautiful pictures from those magz for hrs , their toys and their women... and used to think its just out of world.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 04, 2008
I used to love sputnik and illustrated magazine from ussr. Then close allies, people in India, especially from communist states used to love USSR. As a kid I'd gaze at those beautiful pictures from those magz for hrs , their toys and their women... and used to think its just out of world.[/quote]

really? how cute ... :lol: ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2008
JMK wrote:

You mean there is more to Russia and Russians than being "labor"!?!
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 04, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
JMK wrote:
SparHawk wrote:no probs at all..... i am sorry if it sounded as i had.... dont even kids have the
You mean there is more to Russia and Russians than being "labor"!?!

any point of view has the right to exist ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2008
god damnit, now i miss russia for real :cry: :cry:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat