The Plight Of An Office Boy.

Topic locked
The plight of an office boy. Nov 12, 2005
I thought I would share this link, An interesting write up that made me think.

http://www.grapeshisha.com/grapeshisha8.html

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 14, 2005
Wow... I never saw what a labor camped looked like... Yikes! :cry:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2005
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting.

Just to think that this poor guy spends a whole Dhs100 on luxuries for a WHOLE MONTH!

It really puts things into perspective when you look at what we would buy in a single shopping trip! :oops: :oops:

What also brought it home to me was when I bought my car. I was told by our Indian male secretaries that they could have bought 4 large houses with the same money, in a pretty good neighbourhood in India. I actually felt embarrassed!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2005
it was very humbling for me as well, that is why i shared, considering how much i spend a day and to think that our office boy has been in the same job for 20 years, put 3 kids through uni, bought a farm, etc. it really makes you think.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 15, 2005
fayz wrote:it was very humbling for me as well, that is why i shared, considering how much i spend a day and to think that our office boy has been in the same job for 20 years, put 3 kids through uni, bought a farm, etc. it really makes you think.

It makes you think just who is the "wiser" of the two. Him or us?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2005
What a nice thing to share. Sometimes I hear stories that their colleagues treat them like trash. As it is, living here is not easy for them so I can't understand why some people make it more difficult for them. Babu shared something that we sometimes overlook..... appreciate and be contented. Because there will always be other people who are less unfortunate than us.
PePPerCLIP
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 16, 2005
Thanks for the post fayz! When I was so frustrated and complaining that I am not getting a job, feeling out of place and totally amidst strangers in a strange land, this person made me sit back and think. how much god has given me and how lucky i am to be leading sucha comfortable life!
Sure the guy will one day come up in life and god bless him and u!!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 16, 2005
yorky500 wrote:What also brought it home to me was when I bought my car. I was told by our Indian male secretaries that they could have bought 4 large houses with the same money, in a pretty good neighbourhood in India. I actually felt embarrassed!

Ditto... When u're told that what u just spent on insuring ur car was what some people could only dream of spending on buying the car itself it really makes u think...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat