ohh
prasanga077
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 15, 2009
good one
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2009
@ DDS: Are you having a nostaligic day hon? Longing for the way it was?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 15, 2009
nice youtuab
yo0b
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2009
Yeah I really miss the UAE of old, fine there was no glitz and glamour, no tall towers but it had soul and everybody lived as one. I remember our neighbours, Egyptians and the other side were Iranians the street across were brits and a few Pakistani familys behind our compund.

We all knew each other, went to dinners or just dropped in when feeling bored, no formalities or anything. Proper " Freej" style. Things were simple no mile long tail backs. Friendly crowds all around.

I just miss the UAE of past :( God bless the visionary rulers Like Shk Zayed and Shk Rashid who made this country that way. I truly feel the country started to loose its identity after they passed away. But very very rapidly after Shk Zayed passed away. I don't think he would have approved of all this. All this "mega-ness" started to take place after he passed away.

Now its just filled with plastic people who are just here to milk as much money as can as quickly as they can here. Just like parasite who eats its host empty from the inside.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah I really miss the UAE of old, fine there was no glitz and glamour, no tall towers but it had soul and everybody lived as one. I remember our neighbours, Egyptians and the other side were Iranians the street across were brits and a few Pakistani familys behind our compund.

We all knew each other, went to dinners or just dropped in when feeling bored, no formalities or anything. Proper " Freej" style. Things were simple no mile long tail backs. Friendly crowds all around.

I just miss the UAE of past :( God bless the visionary rulers Like Shk Zayed and Shk Rashid who made this country that way. I truly feel the country started to loose its identity after they passed away. But very very rapidly after Shk Zayed passed away. I don't think he would have approved of all this. All this "mega-ness" started to take place after he passed away.

Now its just filled with plastic people who are just here to milk as much money as can as quickly as they can here. Just like parasite who eats its host empty from the inside.

I really do know what you mean.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 17, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah I really miss the UAE of old, fine there was no glitz and glamour, no tall towers but it had soul and everybody lived as one. I remember our neighbours, Egyptians and the other side were Iranians the street across were brits and a few Pakistani familys behind our compund.

I really do know what you mean.

Yes i agree, it was good. People were more tolerant.
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 17, 2009
and u r from...
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009

Plastic people who are like parasites!!!

WOW!!

That’s a boorish exaggeration!!!

Beyond the pale, I might add!!

Firstly, parasites eat for free. Foreigners in Dubai work for their food, by earning their money and providing essential services to their hosts.

Secondly, you’re obviously do not know the basic premise in sociology, which says that people in smaller communities are nicer and closer to each other than those in larger communities. This reality is even more pronounced here in Dubai due to the transient nature of most of its population.

Still, although I agree that some of them are aloof, frosty and unfriendly (even rude at times), I would not go as far as describing them as “plastic parasites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

That’s utterly absurd !

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
I can understand how some of you people feel. Mind you I'm the kind of guy who enjoys exploring old ruins more than some shiny glass skyscraper. Our population explosion is destroying our beautiful planet and alot of life on it.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
WOW!!

That’s a boorish exaggeration!!!

Beyond the pale, I might add!!

Firstly, parasites eat for free. Foreigners in Dubai work for their food, by earning their money and providing essential services to their hosts.

Secondly, you’re obviously do not know the basic premise in sociology, which says that people in smaller communities are nicer and closer to each other than those in larger communities. This reality is even more pronounced here in Dubai due to the transient nature of most of its population.

Still, although I agree that some of them are aloof, frosty and unfriendly (even rude at times), I would not go as far as describing them as “plastic parasites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

That’s utterly absurd !

8) 8)

Post noted, and duly ignored.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 18, 2009
i really like these pics .... looks so peaceful
chriscake
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat