Strange Names!

Topic locked
Strange Names! Jul 12, 2011
I have to say, I'm a big fan of Mr Beckham and I quite like Victoria too, but what the hell are they thinking about calling their baby daughter Harper Seven Beckham?

That is one of the strangest handles I've ever come across. Poor kid! I thought all the names given to their sons were strange, but they've all grown on me. I have my doubts about Harper Seven though. :shock:

When I was a kid we had some neighbours that were big fans of cowboy films. They called their son El Cid.

Harper Seven has got to be the strangest name I've heard.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Strange Names! Jul 12, 2011
you should then hear what strange names some certain families here name their sons and daughters, harper seven would sound like royalty when compared to those names.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Isn't everyone called Mohammed general?
Bethsmum

general_A wrote:you should then hear what strange names some certain families here name their sons and daughters, harper seven would sound like royalty when compared to those names.

I know what you're talking about :mrgreen:
I'm interested in the middle-ages names, a7la asami ;)

I'll name my own kids middle-ages names, and wouldn't give a damn what others would think about it :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Not strange at all - it's just you BM. Harper is actually a very common name for both boys and girls in the US, plus Posh has been in Harper's Bazaar a few times. Seven - er it's David's player number - DUH! Plus she was born in the 7th month and the number 7 is lucky!

Not strange in the slightest.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

symmetric wrote:I'll name my own kids middle-ages names, and wouldn't give a damn what others would think about it :mrgreen:

You might want to rethink that Sym. Remember that child has to go through life with that name, not you!!! :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
symmetric wrote:I'll name my own kids middle-ages names, and wouldn't give a damn what others would think about it :mrgreen:

You might want to rethink that Sym. Remember that child has to go through life with that name, not you!!! :D

Try telling Frank Zappa that, who named his children Moon-Unit and Dweezle!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Maybe the doctor was from Yorkshire and when Becks asked him what time the baby was born he said:

"Har pa' seven!"

:?: :?: :?:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Maybe the doctor was from Yorkshire and when Becks asked him what time the baby was born he said:

"Har pa' seven!"

Knight

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very cleaver DK.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dubai Knight wrote:Maybe the doctor was from Yorkshire and when Becks asked him what time the baby was born he said:

"Har pa' seven!"

Knight

Sorry, yes she was also born in the 7th hour, of the 7th month, Becks player number is 7 and 7 is lucky - so makes perfect sense.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Yes she was also born in the 7th hour, of the 7th month, Becks player number is 7 and 7 is lucky - so makes perfect sense.

You just said that in a previous post, I think we heard the first time.
Yes, I realise the significence of the number 7, as believe it or not, I'm not thick. Having said that it wouldn't spur me on to call my child a number.
Bethsmum

Well it's not YOUR child is it? Nor are you a celeb, who are well known for picking out of the ordinary names. Eish another non-entity thread.

I like it and if that's what makes THEM happy, then fair enough.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Wot! Wots rong wiv arper seven ven? its my kid an I can call it wot I wont, innit...

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

It could be worse..........................

It could be our forum names!

BM Beckam
Bora Bora Beckham
Chocs Beckham
Dillon Beckham
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

My first name is apparantly so difficult to pronounce, I resort to using my middle name more often than not.Especially here in UAE. No one get's my name right.
That said shld i ever have a kid, he's definately gonna be Abner.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Canada's PM's name is Harper, nothing odd with that. Although the seven is a bit strange and the whole Harper 7 sounds like a prequel to Oceans 11
desertdudeshj

Harper isn't very girlie. They should have called her Chardonnay or Chanel. My two favourite things :D
Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:

I'll try to raise them to have full confidence and pride to their culture, heritage, and history lol :mrgreen:
If it didn't work out, then I'll give them the option offcourse, and will change mine instead :D

The middle-ages names of the middle-east is a mixture of Arabic, Persian, and Turkish.
They really sound nice .. But I totally understand your point ;)
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
symmetric wrote:I'll try to raise them to have full confidence and pride to their culture, heritage, and history lol :mrgreen:
If it didn't work out, then I'll give them the option offcourse, and will change mine instead :D

Well here's an option :mrgreen:

Dawned on me that he has to be one of the early "rappers". :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hahahaha@the.last.part :lol !!!

I have a second cousin, her name is Sharifa, she was named after her grandma, but she thought the name is for old women, so she changed it from Sharifa to Shagra, which means "Blonde" in Arabic, as she's blonde herself. lol
symmetric
BANNED

Lucky Khalifa?

That sounds like an Arabian mafia type of person Drew!

How exciting :D
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat