Stereotypical Nationals

Topic locked
Stereotypical Nationals May 13, 2006
Before the message I would like to say I have met real nationals which are amazing people but the phonies who are not actually arabs but other which I will not name.

1. Will buy 20 Tonnes of Chips, Juice, pepsi, chocolates from STAR MART, EMARAT or others.

2. It is very important to keep your kids happy but buying them a motorbike at age 7. Children should always be happy. Future Generation gifts may include an apartment at Sheikh Zayed Road.

3. Before watching a movie, it is important not to know th ename of the movie or what its about but buying nachos and 20 inch coke and large popcorn to give a gesture. "I'm going to watch a movie :D"

4. Owning a car lower than 2005 model is a disgrace.

5. the words TRANSPORT, ECONOMICS, PARENTING doesnt mean anything or unidentified words.

6.What is up with banks & nationals.

7. MUSt have a two storey house and If I'm national its a must I talk about shares. By the way dont know how to play the market. Just know 3 words. SHARES, EMAAR and NAKHEEL
What I have posted is only after seeing not just blindly.

8. If Im national I can build a tent for the wedding anywhere...I own this nation (true story from 2002, Wedding Tent on a road in the side of Jumierah)

9. If I see a two mobiles one fake and one real. I will buy the fake if it costs more.

10. National workers need Labour unions. Any National Labourers?

11. When we eat out of the poor, we ignore and eat KFC/MCDONALDS but when we see somebody do wrong...HARAM HARAM HARAM

All information posted above is by experience, not just posted blindly.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

May 13, 2006
and your point is??

:roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Stereotypical Nationals May 13, 2006
bsorc wrote: I have met real nationals which are amazing people but the phonies who are not actually arabs but other which I will not name.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do agree with u !
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 22, 2006
Interesting post!!
Khalid021
Dubai Forums Member

May 22, 2006
Okay somethings do apply to a large share of nationals - but firstly I think you need to rewrite the points to read better by keeping consistency in style of writing.

BTW - Are you or people from your country perfect? I am not a national but I was born here and appreciate their side of the story too. If you really find them difficult to put up with then maybe you should not be here - the choice is yours.....
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2006
audreygaur,
pls stop teaching other what to write n what not 2....everyone is free to express their personal point of view.
i see a lot of people like u trying to shutup anyone who raises a voice towards the locals, ur only reply to them is to relocate..!
why should we relocate ourself??
no one can raise a voice in dubai court against locals,simply because the jugde is national,the lawyers r nationals.
no one can raise a voice against locals in newspapers simply because the government will take action against the newspaper.
so atleast people r free to express them self on the net.
and all people like u can say is "u have a choice ..go back where u came from!"
sorry baby v pay for the drop of water we drink to the medical bills, n all v ask for is a good law to protect our rights and some decent manners frm locals, thats not tooo much to ask for inreturn for changing their desert into an oasis.
no country and his men have the right to treat expats like sh*t
i too was born here n let me tell u ,u r right nobody is perfect...but again nobody treats expats like sh*t!....so u better wake up n smell the turkish coffee honey!
nadzeer
Dubai Forum Guest

May 22, 2006
nadzeer wrote:audreygaur,
pls stop teaching other what to write n what not 2....everyone is free to express their personal point of view.

That's what she's doing :? .

Sounded to me like she was making a suggestion about the way the OP wrote his/her post. Actually I thought it was easy enough to read. But I found it difficult to understand what you were trying to say. For one thing, you appear to have a broken shift key on your computer...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 22, 2006
there is a saying-give smbody power and ull see what kind of person he is.
money is power, so an unethical, or an "i can do whatever crosses my mind and get away with it" behaviour is as common and human as possible. but so is killing and it still doens t make it right or can be justified for that matter.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 10, 2006
well...what im going to say is this. what u said about the national most of it its true...like about the money spent on EMARAT..lol....and the CINEMA, NACHOS THING...thats partly right, as a national i do that once in a while
but i dont think u have the right to generalize this to all of the nationals.

generalizing anybody is just bad.
its kinda like saying all blondes are dumb or all british are rude or all indians are poor. etc.etc.etc.

i dont think nadzeer has any right to say sh*t like that about the locals. you have no idea who ur dealing with.

WHT DID U MEAN BY THAT ...???
"sorry baby v pay for the drop of water we drink to the medical bills, n all v ask for is a good law to protect our rights and some decent manners frm locals, thats not tooo much to ask for inreturn for changing their desert into an oasis."

first of all. not all locals are ilmannered, maybe u met some bad ones but u have no right to genralize...and wht did u mean by "changing our desert to an oasis"?
u didnt do anything about that..
our shaikh zayed "god bless his soul" did everything..not u!
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

to correct what you said... Jun 19, 2006
I read your comment about locals, but I’ll answer you with a different twist. I’m not going to be like any other national who would probably read this and bite your head off. I’ll try to reason with you and see where it takes me. correcting some of the foolish labels you randomly stamped on all of us.

1-most of the locals I know would only do this if they are entertaining friends, and besides, I have seen many other nationalities who will buy chips worth of a 100 dhs. I’m not kidding, I saw it with my own eyes.

2-The only motorbike we got is a hand-me-down banshee, that is only allowed for anyone in the house over the age of 16. my father isn’t an idiot to allow mass suicide for his kids. Same applies for other national families we know.

3-Personally, I would only watch a movie if I was obsessed about it two months in advance. Maybe the minority you are talking about are the people who get dragged in there by their friends.

4-I have a 1999 Lumina, with torn seats and faulty windows which has been in the garage for the past month. We can afford a new car, but I rather buy one with my own sweat and money than result to Daddy’s money.

5-Not all of us are rich, not all of us have drivers waiting by the gate for our command 24/7. and most importantly, not all of us abandon our responsibilities toward our own children to Nannies and Maids.

6-Most locals are in banks because they are offered job opportunities they cannot miss, others are just delinquents we try to ignore. Besides, I have seen more Saudi’s in banks than locals, which is quite strange.

7-Everyone in Dubai has 2 story houses, and most of them aren’t local. If you really know locals, you would know that most of them live in one story houses. The ones with 2 story house are probably a big or extended family. in person, I know nothing about market, nor I’m interested to know about it. many mindless locals will brag for knowing a couple of words in shares, but not everyone is perfect.

8-Having a tent for a wedding is one of our customs and traditions. We don’t criticize yours, do not criticize ours.

9-My mobile in over 2 years old. And I only change it if I really have too. Same goes for my entire family and most of my local friends.

10-Yes we do have national laborers. Especially the ones working in warehouses in AL Qouz and other remote areas. I know so because my Uncle has mostly local laborers in his company.

11-Everyone will be judged and punished for their own sins when the time comes. Those fat-headed bigots you encountered annoy me and any other local as much as they annoy you.

I cant decline that there cant be locals with the description you mentioned, but please do not generalize. Everyone should be open minded and understanding for everyone else culture. I hope I corrected your information with the things I mentioned before and haven’t insulted anyone.
brutal-romance
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 19, 2006
All of of you misread the original post! The writer was NOT talking about Nationals, but other people from GCC countries who pass themselves off as local!

For example a friend of mine goes into a petrol station to find a supposed local woman giving hell to the cashier over something petty, and screaming this is my country blah blah blah. Unfortunately for her my friend spotted her accent and started talking to her in Farsi! The woman was actually Iranian and not local at all!

This is what the writer is talking about, other people posing as locals to get their own way. And yes it happens alot.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Stereotypical Nationals Jun 19, 2006
bsorc wrote:7. MUSt have a two storey house and If I'm national its a must I talk about shares. By the way dont know how to play the market. Just know 3 words. SHARES, EMAAR and NAKHEEL

Nakheel is not a publicly listed company.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 19, 2006
Thank you for your answer brutal_romance :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Stereotypical Nationals Jun 27, 2006
bsorc wrote:Before the message I would like to say I have met real nationals which are amazing people but the phonies who are not actually arabs but other which I will not name.

1. Will buy 20 Tonnes of Chips, Juice, pepsi, chocolates from STAR MART, EMARAT or others.

ok what is wrong with that the man wana eat

2. It is very important to keep your kids happy but buying them a motorbike at age 7. Children should always be happy. Future Generation gifts may include an apartment at Sheikh Zayed Road.

this point i agree with u

3. Before watching a movie, it is important not to know th ename of the movie or what its about but buying nachos and 20 inch coke and large popcorn to give a gesture. "I'm going to watch a movie :D"

make no sense?
4. Owning a car lower than 2005 model is a disgrace.

who told u that prove it please?

5. the words TRANSPORT, ECONOMICS, PARENTING doesnt mean anything or unidentified words.

if u make this point littel bit clear, i will be more than happy :lol:

6.What is up with banks & nationals.

so now i should make ahole in my back yard and put my money in it ?

7. MUSt have a two storey house and If I'm national its a must I talk about shares. By the way dont know how to play the market. Just know 3 words. SHARES, EMAAR and NAKHEEL

and thats way they r rich and making so much money .

8. If Im national I can build a tent for the wedding anywhere...I own this nation (true story from 2002, Wedding Tent on a road in the side of Jumierah)

ok on the road or the side of jumira ..or both .

9. If I see a two mobiles one fake and one real. I will buy the fake if it costs more.

tell me where is this place where i can buy fake mobiles

10. National workers need Labour unions. Any National Labourers?

do i have to be labour when i can be more than that ?

11. When we eat out of the poor, we ignore and eat KFC/MCDONALDS but when we see somebody do wrong...HARAM HARAM HARAM

..now we r the only people who eat out of the poor ppl HARAM HARAM

All information posted above is by experience, not just posted blindly.

i can see why u r angrey i thout it was jason who wrote this one ..r u his friend ? do u know him ?
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 31, 2006
As an emairati lots had been said..
yes am not one of those u have mentioned.

1- not married.
2- my car 98 model
3- don't know about shares
4- hardly go to a moive, have not been there in ages. to busy with work
5- not rich hardly make more that 10k a month
6- don't have 2 fl villa nor in the future. i might be rich on day who knows
etc etc etc ..

Who are those people you wrote about !! what country they life in !!
enlight me !!!
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Stereotypical Nationals Aug 01, 2006
bsorc wrote:Before the message I would like to say I have met real nationals which are amazing people but the phonies who are not actually arabs but other which I will not name.

like chocs said earlier, the local ppl are not the ones this post is about.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Stereotypical Nationals Aug 03, 2006

I'll not name nationalities either not to be flamed by people thinking i'm generalizing.

These "local-wanna-be"s are those who buy Lexus or Landcruiser for the sake of just "look like a local" and tint the glass 70% and their ladies wear abbayas and they have been long enough here to talk arabic, but THEY ARE NOT LOCAL.

I hate this, and feel sick about it, because to me they are people who are shamed from their nation to the extent they try to look like locals.

I hate when i see person from my own country do it, here they are few, but they are helll alot in europ, i meet them and they don't talk to me in arabic but usually.... we can spot each other :D

anyway, on other hand,
For people who think that all locals are rich and airheads, try to drive parallel to sheikh zayed road behind mazaya and see hard worker locals who earn small and live decent.

And also nothing against the rich locals, they earned it. they even worked hard, or their parents worked hard, and no bad of making the best of what the country afford as privilages to their people, it is everywhere and in every country you have privilages as national.

Cheers
yshimy

Aug 15, 2006
hey people people people ...

why don't you just forget about whats been said about local and non local and embrace one another 8)

only SMALL comment htf this all started! :x
PhDFares
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 03, 2006
lol the original post got somethings rite. i mean just go to sahara centre and u ll see so many locals :D just go to cineplex next to Lamcy and u ll see so many locals doing exactly that i..e buying loads of popcorns and etc and then go and watch a movie. and yeh SOME locals do have new cars but remember i said SOME :D. by the way y iz it that most locals go to emarat petrol station heheh maybe its nicer then the rest and offer more food glorius fooooooood :D.

so you saying if i did all of that i ll become a local? ur wrong :p you 4got to mention that ill have to say Salam-a-likum when walking down the street or entering a lift :D.

and you 4got that i got to rub my nose with my mates nose :D.

by the way those wannabee locals may turn out to be locals cos most locals do drive lexus :D and guess wot most local women do wear the abaya :D nah i know wot you mean but you have to remember that just cos they dont drive a fancy car like a RANGE rover dont mean they arent a local. there are so many types of locals. the orginal locals are from yemen. then you have the mixture of them i.e one parent is from UAE the other is from some other country. and then you have the Baloochis who are from Pakistan/Iran and they happen to have the passport. ok they all might be locals but they are different from each other.

by the way the original post wasnt saying BAD things about locals just pointing out thats wot SOME of them do. like y do most pakis drive taxis. and y do most indians own supermarkets :S and y russians are whores lol i can keep on going. by the way you ever noticed the smell of curry being cooked around your place and u ll go oh i bet ya its a paki or indian family having a feast today :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
rudeboy wrote:lol the original post got somethings rite. i mean just go to sahara centre and u ll see so many locals :D just go to cineplex next to Lamcy and u ll see so many locals doing exactly that i..e buying loads of popcorns and etc and then go and watch a movie.

i still don't see anythn wrong with that..we just don't like sharing when we r watchin a movie..we are family oriented we go in groups we buy in large quantities :roll:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 04, 2006
hahaha

i love these kind of posts

:lol: :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
mema wrote:
rudeboy wrote:lol the original post got somethings rite. i mean just go to sahara centre and u ll see so many locals :D just go to cineplex next to Lamcy and u ll see so many locals doing exactly that i..e buying loads of popcorns and etc and then go and watch a movie.

i still don't see anythn wrong with that..we just don't like sharing when we r watchin a movie..we are family oriented we go in groups we buy in large quantities :roll:

:S i didnt say thats bad :P by the way am sure if i was sitting next to u you would be sharing with me :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
quite true most of the locals i know are really nice people... actually these wannabes are bringing bad name to the real ones...
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
rudeboy wrote:
mema wrote:

:S i didnt say thats bad :P by the way am sure if i was sitting next to u you would be sharing with me :p

i will.. :P i'll share some with dale too since he's being nice too.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
there are the fake ones but just cos they dont wear a kandoora or drive a fancy car or they dont know alot about stocks that dont mean they arent local. cos you get Baloochis who are from pakistan and iran who are considered as locals. so just be careful. ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
rudeboy wrote:there are the fake ones but just cos they dont wear a kandoora or drive a fancy car or they dont know alot about stocks that dont mean they arent local. cos you get Baloochis who are from pakistan and iran who are considered as locals. so just be careful. ;)

Go and tell a Bloochi that he is a Pakistani.... and watch all hell break loose!

;-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
thats exactly wot i m saying. there are some baloochis who you will look at you will go nah they aint LOCAL but some how they got the passport.
and they will go crazy if you call them a paki cos in paki they aint treated well especially by the government.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
rudeboy wrote:thats exactly wot i m saying. there are some baloochis who you will look at you will go nah they aint LOCAL but some how they got the passport.
and they will go crazy if you call them a paki cos in paki they aint treated well especially by the government.

these people deserve to be shot...hehe

im local but my parents are yemeni, and no my father doesnt work as a policeman ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
y do they deserve to be shot :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
you should never be ashamed in what you are nor what is your heritage

im talking about a guy who is arab for instance but doesnt admit that he is an arab

you know what i mean?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat