Something New

Topic locked
Something new Oct 04, 2011
Hello everyone, I am new here but would like to see if anyone has the same questions and/or answers that I have. I recently bought a new kitty kat and think the weather in Dubai might be too hot for her when the summer comes. Does anyone know how I can keep her cool apart from keeping her inside 24 _ 7 in our place? Any advice would be very much appreciated. I love Dubai and am learning to love my new kitty kat. I just want her to be as comfortable as possible in her new loving home. Thank so much Dubai Community!

interpretivist
BANNED

Re: Something new Oct 05, 2011
i doubt if you can leash a cat for a walk, though that's possible. we have a himalayan persian cat that is too fat and furry so we just keep him indoors 24/7. he does take a peek at the door step in the morning when i pick up the papers :lol:

and also you should be aware that keeping your cat loose on the outside could result in getting a fight with street cats, or worse could be shot with pellets from the asshole psycho :evil:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Something new Oct 05, 2011
Cats aren't stupid. Mine only go out when it's cooler. They refuse to go outside in the summer months anyway even if the door is open. They're far more adaptable than we give them credit for. My cat used to roam for miles, now he's happy just to veg in the garden and watch the world go by. Let the cat decide if it wants to go out or not.

But yes as xero has stated, it's worrying when people take pot shots at animals here. I'm thankful mine don't go out the garden.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Something New Oct 05, 2011
We used to walk our cats on leash in Dubai, and also let them loose in the backyard when we were around to supervise. They stayed in the indoors during the hot months, we just had an awesome cat tree and toys to keep them occupied.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat