School Boy Error!!

Topic locked
school boy error!! Jan 05, 2007
Well my 3 unaccompanied suitcases left our house yesterday ( we follow them on Sunday) and it turns out that they wont be with me in Dubai until late next week or the wee(hopefully)as they are going via Hong Kong !! Thing is I start work next Thursday and all my suits are .....yes you guessed it ....in the unaccompanied luggage!! Guess its down to the mall for me unless the forum does some form of swap shop?? Hope to meet some of you soon.

..........................................................................................................
http://vivalasdubai.blogspot.com/

rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 05, 2007
Sorry to hear about your missing suitcases! Seems they will be having a little vacation in a nice spot before making their way back to you! :lol: If you have baggage insurance, perhaps you can buy some new suits and claim them on the insurance?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 05, 2007
Good excuse to go shopping :D And you are coming at a good time. With the Dubai Shopping Festival on, there are some great sales. Have a good trip.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: school boy error!! Jan 05, 2007
rammie wrote:Well my 3 unaccompanied suitcases left our house yesterday ( we follow them on Sunday) and it turns out that they wont be with me in Dubai until late next week or the wee(hopefully)as they are going via Hong Kong !! Thing is I start work next Thursday and all my suits are .....yes you guessed it ....in the unaccompanied luggage!! Guess its down to the mall for me unless the forum does some form of swap shop?? Hope to meet some of you soon.

..........................................................................................................
http://vivalasdubai.blogspot.com/

You are aware that you are entitled to claim under IATA regulations for your missing luggage on a daily basis, I'm not quite sure of the amount per piece but it should be enough to get you going. Also be aware that the Airline almost never offers to pay, you have to stand up for your rights.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 05, 2007
There is a huge problem at the minute with BA and baggage.

Not the thing I want to hear when i am off to good old blighty in 7 days time!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 05, 2007
yorky500 wrote:There is a huge problem at the minute with BA and baggage.

Not the thing I want to hear when i am off to good old blighty in 7 days time!

Hand luggage m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 05, 2007
S&O,

"She that must be obeyed" is coming with me, so what does that tell you about hand-luggage.

I am dreading the prospect of lost luggage, cos that will just give her an even BIGGER excuse to go SHOPPING! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 05, 2007
yorky500 wrote:S&O,

"She that must be obeyed" is coming with me, so what does that tell you about hand-luggage.

I am dreading the prospect of lost luggage, cos that will just give her an even BIGGER excuse to go SHOPPING! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Been there, done that, got a whole suitcase full of tee-shirts, been trying to lose the damn thing for years.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 05, 2007
well, its my first time back to the UK in over 8 years, so i am gonna be seeing some changes.

Just don't want to have the excuse of doing additional shopping other then what we would consider as normal.

Mind you, up in the Yorkshire dales, which is where we are going, there is not a hell of a lot of shopping to be done. :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 05, 2007
yorky500 wrote:well, its my first time back to the UK in over 8 years, so i am gonna be seeing some changes.

Just don't want to have the excuse of doing additional shopping other then what we would consider as normal.

Mind you, up in the Yorkshire dales, which is where we are going, there is not a hell of a lot of shopping to be done. :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha - you hope, Emaar probably been there and built another Mall :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 05, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Hahahaha - you hope, Emaar probably been there and built another Mall :lol:

Bloody well hope not. I am looking forward to some good old Pork Pie, Yorkshire pudding and Theakstons XB, droooooool.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 05, 2007
yorky500 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Hahahaha - you hope, Emaar probably been there and built another Mall :lol:

Bloody well hope not. I am looking forward to some good old Pork Pie, Yorkshire pudding and Theakstons XB, droooooool.

Oh man, you had to do that, just drooled on the keyboard :cry: :cry: :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2007
I saw the news report about some 4,500 pieces of luggage sitting around a corridor at Heathrow. It has been 2 weeks and the bags still haven't been sent back to their owners. :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 06, 2007
kanelli wrote:I saw the news report about some 4,500 pieces of luggage sitting around a corridor at Heathrow. It has been 2 weeks and the bags still haven't been sent back to their owners. :shock:

That is so bad, someone has to be held accountable :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2007
Hey, if it was Frankfurt airport the bags would make it home before the person :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 06, 2007
kanelli wrote:Hey, if it was Frankfurt airport the bags would make it home before the person :lol:

Why did you pick Frankfurt? :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2007
with a bit of luck they will arrive!! whats the weather like at the moment?
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2007
rammie wrote:with a bit of luck they will arrive!! whats the weather like at the moment?

Cold, or at least cool 20c or so.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2007
20 degrees ....cold!! your joking !! that will ding dang do for me
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2007
rammie wrote:20 degrees ....cold!! your joking !! that will ding dang do for me

Don't worry after you have done a couple of Summers you will feel the chill in 20c :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
kanelli wrote:Hey, if it was Frankfurt airport the bags would make it home before the person :lol:

We had an experience there and our bags made it home before we did. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 07, 2007
kanelli wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

We had an experience there and our bags made it home before we did. :lol:

REally, that is so cool! :D
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat