Save Our Beach

Topic locked
Save our Beach Mar 21, 2007
http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/21/save-our-beach.html

email SaveJumeirahBeach AT gmail.com

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 21, 2007
guys, this is what Dubai is about, lets give it a couple of years, and I'm certain its going to be the most fantastic place on earth.

I live in Dubai Marina, basically I live in a construction zone, but a couple of years from now........ :P
nathooarif
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 21, 2007
Patience residents. For 4.5M sq.ft development, it won't take long.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 21, 2007
nathooarif wrote:guys, this is what Dubai is about, lets give it a couple of years, and I'm certain its going to be the most fantastic place on earth.

I live in Dubai Marina, basically I live in a construction zone, but a couple of years from now........ :P

A couple of years from now, your building will be blackened by smoke and your car will start rusting from acid rain. Can anyone guess why?

Anyway, in the news story:
A French expat told 7DAYS: “We were not told anything about this construction going on here. Some of us have paid dhs400,000 a year to rent villas facing the sea and now we’re going to get a full view of a construction site for the next few years.”

400k. :laughing1: Poor rich fella.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 21, 2007
A few cranes, and some scaffolding can be a sore sight, but so long as I dont wake up to 'hoodies' in the morning, and so long as my car doesnt get vandalised outside my house, im happy.
nathooarif
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 21, 2007
nathooarif wrote:A few cranes, and some scaffolding can be a sore sight, but so long as I dont wake up to 'hoodies' in the morning, and so long as my car doesnt get vandalised outside my house, im happy.

Did you live in Satwa or Ghusais before? :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 22, 2007
The Jumeirah Beach in Dubai is a public beach in the superior sense of the word - it really does belong to the community, locals and expats alike.
We are sure there are many people out there that would feel deprived of their right to a better quality of life if that beach is closed.
The absurdity and greed of it all is obvious - does the government really need the money from another real estate development? - and we think it is time the citizens of Dubai take action and start showing what they think.

Please support this cause and pass it on to as many people as possible. We hope to raise 1000 signatures and present them to the Ruler of Dubai.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savejumeirah
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat