Royal Wedding...

Topic locked
Royal Wedding... Nov 17, 2010
Will be "trickly".

There are those who think it great "feel good" story.

Others will think it is no time to be spending money in lavish ceremonies when many are unemployed.

The media will love it; lost of tabloid stuff.

*booking rooms in London for 2 middle weeks in August 2011 :wink: *

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Royal Wedding... Nov 17, 2010
Well I think it will be nice and the fact that William gave Kate, Diana's engagement ring means a lot. Now if only Charles would get out of the way so William would be the next monarch, that would be wonderful.

Also I think you forget how many tourists would flock to the UK to witness this, just like when Charles married Diana - it would in fact be a huge boost to the UK economy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

He's not aging very well. One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush eh.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:He's not aging very well. One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush eh.

Who? William? He looks ok.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

He's only 28.
and will be bald in a few years... like me.
benwj

benwj wrote:He's only 28.
and will be bald in a few years... like me.

Don't knock bald!!! Wise and confident men know not to try to disguise going bald. They just shave off what is left - and whether you know it or not, many women find bald to be s.exy. I bet many men had wished they did it sooner. It's the comb overs and Donald Trump look that doesn't work!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ambassador wrote:Will be "trickly".

There are those who think it great "feel good" story.

Others will think it is no time to be spending money in lavish ceremonies when many are unemployed.

The media will love it; lost of tabloid stuff.

*booking rooms in London for 2 middle weeks in August 2011 :wink: *

Do you reckon August? M bet is March. I wouldn't want Diana's ring, it's got to be jinxed.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

OMG BM. When I saw this bit of news nabout the engagement ring, I was thinking that she doesn't end up the same as Diana, in the marriage department that is. I hope he is marrying the one he loves. I always found it so sad that Charles didn't marry Cornelia to begin with as she was his one love. And after so much tragedy, he did.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Old Camilla went off with Andrew P-B when Charlie was at sea. I reckon her eldest son , Tom, is Charles' son and Harry belongs to James Hewitt. Or is this another topic, ooops soz!
Bethsmum

Well next year would have seen to 30th anniversary of Charles and Diana's wedding. So I reckon somewhere around that time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

i am already fed with it on the TV on every channel and will be the same till june and wedding :roll:

Mr Grumpy
arniegang

Well there was lots of speculatimon a couple of years ago that Kate was beneath Wills and that they didn't approve. So I think he IS marrying the person he wants to.

With regards to Diana's ring, Diana picked it out herself, so it's a nice gesture.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I’m always amazed about how the Brits go nuts over every bit of news about their Royals.

Now, as Arnie said, this William-Kate Wedding will be ringing in our ears for the next 9-12 months. An there is no way to escape it. It will be in our face all the time. ...I mean, everywhere, on TV, radio, shops, buses, billboards..etc.

May God have mercy on us....until it’s over!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

arniegang wrote:i am already fed with it on the TV on every channel and will be the same till june and wedding :roll:

Mr Grumpy

The price you pay for living there!! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well I think people have a lot of hope for Wills and Kate after the disaster of the last few royal marriages.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Kate will be fine...

As long as she remembers to wear a seatbelt!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

What ! hes already 28 !!! I remember him being born just like yesterday.Wasn't he just like 17 or 18 last year ???

Damn how time flies !
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:
arniegang wrote:i am already fed with it on the TV on every channel and will be the same till june and wedding :roll:

Mr Grumpy

Ah ah just a thought for you Bora.

You will be pulling your hair out and kicking the TV in a month or 2 if you watch Sky News, BBC world, CNN, Fox, MSN etc etc etc. It is all you will be watching and i predict the yank news channels will be worse than the UK ones.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

I've heard this afternoon that the promotional tea cups, mugs, tea plates and trays from china are already speeding across the Indian Ocean heading for Dragonmart!

:lol:
Dillon

arniegang wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Mr Grumpy

Ah ah just a thought for you Bora.

You will be pulling your hair out and kicking the TV in a month or 2 if you watch Sky News, BBC world, CNN, Fox, MSN etc etc etc. It is all you will be watching and i predict the yank news channels will be worse than the UK ones.

:lol: :lol:

Arnie, with over 100 channels (or more possibly) on Showtime, I'm sure I can avoid it. Option 2: catch up on all those videos that are overtaking my TV room. Option 3: read some of the books that I've been collecting along the way. Finishing up Matterhorn and think Mr Nice will be my next read. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat