Remarrige Good Or Bad?

Topic locked
remarrige good or bad? Aug 09, 2011
Ok so here is the story, my parents divorced ten years ago when I was in my teens, it was fairly messy but my parents seemed to get on alot better after the divorce than they ever did married. My father who currently lives in Dubai announced he had met and was marrying a beautiful french girl, who he has only known a month. Alarm bells started ringing with me when he said the word girl, it turns out that she is a year older than me. While I do believe two people can just meet and click, I am skeptical about this one as my father has had girlfriends in the past some lasting several years, but always swore he would never marry again. Is it just me being biased or should I just be happy for him?

flutterbye
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Remarrige Good Or Bad? Aug 09, 2011
Is your pop rich ? and no anyone but the french !!!
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: remarrige good or bad? Aug 09, 2011
It could be worse, she could have been Filipino.
Bethsmum

2 words...

pre-nup,

or is that one word?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: remarrige good or bad? Aug 09, 2011
I think that's one word ben. But are they worth the paper they're written on?
Bethsmum

Good point BM, Depends on how much money is involved and what lawyers will do to get their hands on it.

But if she keeps blowing him even after signing it, good on him.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Well, if your father is reasonably wealthy and his love interest isn't fickle, then sometimes this kind of marriage works out and ends up happily ever after & I've seen it happen. The man has a trophy wife and the girl gets her social status raised. I think your father needs to get legal advice though concerning what to do in the very real possibility that the marriage doesn't last.

The short time frame should be ringing a few alarm bells though. I think you need to have a talk with your father. Tell him 'Dad, we need to have a serious talk - I think you need to do a runner.'
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

You have every reason to be concerned. If they were together a year then more than likely it's real and it would work out, but one month!!

You need to have a good talk with him - you are going to have to be the parent because he's certainly acting like a child and acting on impulse and the blood isn't reaching his brain!!!

She probably makes him feel "young" but he's going to feel his age when he realizes he can't keep up with her. Ask him if he's ready to start another family, because that's probably the first thing she's going to want - probably telling him "I want you to be my babies Daddy". Does he want to do it all over again??

More than likely when she has drained him of his cash she will do a runner!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat