DU Tv Reception

Topic locked
DU tv reception May 02, 2008
I live in dubai marina and recently subscribed to DU for tv,internet and phone. The TV has just stopped working - All they show is the channel listings with no picture or sound of what is currently on. Is this a regular problem with DU or am i just being thick and have missed something? We have the setting on AV. Thanks for any advice.

duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 04, 2008
Basically what you're going to have to do is one of the following:

1) Call DU, speak to an incompetent idiot for 5 minutes, who will tell you that it will all be okay in 24 hours. Call back 48 hours later, repeat step one ad infinitum.

2) Call DU, immediately start shouting about how incompetent they are and how you're coming down there to set fire to their offices.

3) Give up, read a book.

From past experience, option number 2 normally works best.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2008
this is a regular occurence i had the same on friday as well - to fix just unplug your box wait 30 seconds and plug back in - sorted
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

du TV not working Aug 15, 2008
DU TV is again not working. Since Aug 13th until now.

The du hotline says all customers are affected, since the system is down and the engineers are working on them.

Now for nearly 3 days. The set top box keeps rebooting, since it cannot connect to the TV servers. No Olympia, not a single channel...
brandis
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 16, 2008
I shifted to Du because i thought that the cable operators were bad. The antenna kept shifting and losing its signal and the cable company kept telling me that it was the building managements problem

havent had any issues with Du yet... touch wood
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2008
KeithL wrote:I shifted to Du because i thought that the cable operators were bad. The antenna kept shifting and losing its signal and the cable company kept telling me that it was the building managements problem

I hope the wood that you are touching is big and lucky, because Du = Damned useless
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
KeithL wrote:I shifted to Du because i thought that the cable operators were bad. The antenna kept shifting and losing its signal and the cable company kept telling me that it was the building managements problem

I hope the wood that you are touching is big and lucky, because Du = Damned useless

Hahahahaha really hilarious :lol:

I had the same incident but for my ADSL. The customer service is really incompetent. Unfortunately, promises are made over and over again and nothing is kept ofcourse...not until you shout upto your lungs. I must say even after shouting upto your lungs, still the same good old lousy service.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2008
I was amazed at the slow speed of the internet in Media City the other day! Not been there for a while and it used to be blindingly fast (2Mb pipe) and outside the Poxy server. Now its all Du.

It would be faster to use a carrier pigeon!

Or a Du - ck? Its certainly a complete 'duck up' down dere.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: DU tv reception Sep 16, 2008
duncheski wrote:I live in dubai marina and recently subscribed to DU for tv,internet and phone. The TV has just stopped working - All they show is the channel listings with no picture or sound of what is currently on. Is this a regular problem with DU or am i just being thick and have missed something? We have the setting on AV. Thanks for any advice.

I haven't had any problem except that the programs are rubbish
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:I was amazed at the slow speed of the internet in Media City the other day! Not been there for a while and it used to be blindingly fast (2Mb pipe) and outside the Poxy server. Now its all Du.

Knight

Hahahhahaha :) Du - ck carrier fits the bill.

Such an imaginative mind!! :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I was amazed at the slow speed of the internet in Media City the other day! Not been there for a while and it used to be blindingly fast (2Mb pipe) and outside the Poxy server. Now its all Du.

Knight

Hahahhahaha :) Du - ck carrier fits the bill.

Such an imaginative mind!! :lol:

Can't help it, I am just quackers!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat