Real Dubai News.

Topic locked
Real Dubai News. Aug 21, 2008
I have read plenty of news lately regarding Dubai. Please allow me to share it with you.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/200 ... of_du.html

http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?I ... &task=view

http://www.slideshare.net/frailyouth/du ... f-the-lie/

http://oreaddaily.blogspot.com/2005/09/ ... reign.html

http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20000634.html

sporgo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 21, 2008
Yes, it is a real shame. Im glad Im not one of these guys
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

yeah it sux alright Sep 14, 2008
when i was there quite a few of the ex construction workers who were now taxi drivers were telling us about it, people need to stand up and do something about it, yeah right like that will ever happen
kusham
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 14, 2008
Sonapur is my second home. You can get a cracking chicken biriyani there for just 4Dhs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Real Dubai News. Sep 16, 2008

you should direct this effort to show the globale companies slaving your kids for less than half a dollers in asia or at least stop supporting thoses companies when buying their products made by your kids man.
beside who do you think cares here anymore ? as long as they are having a job and getting paid, having a car and shopping, every one is quite and happy.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

firefingersx wrote:

you should direct this effort to show the globale companies slaving your kids for less than half a dollers in asia or at least stop supporting thoses companies when buying their products made by your kids man.
beside who do you think cares here anymore ? as long as they are having a job and getting paid, having a car and shopping, every one is quite and happy.

Really? S'funny that the 85% of the population they are talking about here, can't afford a car or go shopping. Some are lucky if they get paid and, even when they do, the sharks and vultures have had their cut before they get it.
The fact that you are posting here means you have a computer and know how to use it, so you are the privileged class they stare at with deep hatred in their eyes from the barred windows of the non airconditioned buses that ferry them from their slavery back to the concentration camp.
Try going to one of these places or having to live like one of them. It would change you attitude bloody quick!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
firefingersx wrote:

Really? S'funny that the 85% of the population they are talking about here, can't afford a car or go shopping. Some are lucky if they get paid and, even when they do, the sharks and vultures have had their cut before they get it.
The fact that you are posting here means you have a computer and know how to use it, so you are the privileged class they stare at with deep hatred in their eyes from the barred windows of the non airconditioned buses that ferry them from their slavery back to the concentration camp.
Try going to one of these places or having to live like one of them. It would change you attitude bloody quick!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight

I'm talking about you guys when I said that you don't care not the workers he is talking about , you guys don't care a bit , you know it and I know it, all you guys do isbla bla bla.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2008
Really?

Wanna come down to my free soup kitchen at Heritage Village on friday nights? Sponsored by Al Futtaim and handing out over 2000 meals a night. Alternately you could become a volunteer for my friends charity, like me, and collect clothing from around town. You are hardly one of the disenfranchised yourself.

Lets see how you fare when you are at the sharp end...the colour of poverty is brown.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Really?

Wanna come down to my free soup kitchen at Heritage Village on friday nights? Sponsored by Al Futtaim and handing out over 2000 meals a night. Alternately you could become a volunteer for my friends charity, like me, and collect clothing from around town. You are hardly one of the disenfranchised yourself.

Lets see how you fare when you are at the sharp end...the colour of poverty is brown.

Knight

thats what veryone who cares should do, and I thank you for the effort, maygod bless you .
but I think this bad side of dubai will be history , the city is taking extream laws in this , now no construction company licences will be renewd with out a proper houseing for its labors, it is in the newspaper today.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2008
firefingersx wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Really?

Knight

thats what veryone who cares should do, and I thank you for the effort, maygod bless you .
but I think this bad side of dubai will be history , the city is taking extream laws in this , now no construction company licences will be renewd with out a proper houseing for its labors, it is in the newspaper today.

You believe what they print in the paper? Its not the truth!

There will be no change, it does not suit the people with the money, who own the newspapers.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
Did you ever notice how there are never any stories in the paper criticizing the government over here?

Hmm....
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:Did you ever notice how there are never any stories in the paper criticizing the government over here?

Hmm....

...and who are the people with the money who own the newspapers?

Why would they criticise themselves?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:Did you ever notice how there are never any stories in the paper criticizing the government over here?

Hmm....

Knight

After reading all threads/post, probably Im wrong in my assumption that this place is not yet barren.....a dust bowl.....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Hmm....

Knight

After reading all threads/post, probably Im wrong in my assumption that this place is not yet barren.....a dust bowl.....

Culturally? Possibly.
Physically? Its pretty damn dusty!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 19, 2008
It saddens me to read and hear all this things. I thought SONAPUR is a place like Al Quasais and Deira but now I knew this issue I look pity on this people.

Btw Black Knight, you have mentioned here that you are into this Charity works. Do you mind mentioning about them just few details. Maybe I can give a helping hand in here.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 21, 2008
SicnarFranciS wrote:It saddens me to read and hear all this things. I thought SONAPUR is a place like Al Quasais and Deira but now I knew this issue I look pity on this people.

Btw Black Knight, you have mentioned here that you are into this Charity works. Do you mind mentioning about them just few details. Maybe I can give a helping hand in here.

There are loads of charity participation options out there. PM me and I will give you a list of the best ones.

Personally, I am involved with K9 friends, Clothes for Africa, Foresight, The UAE Genetic Diseases Association and Downs Syndrome Society and Feed the Needy.

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat