Bad News For The Boys In Dubai!!

Topic locked
Bad News for the Boys in Dubai!! Aug 30, 2006
Some interesting stats and numbers in here.....but not nice reading for lads!

Dubai's male population exceeds females three-fold
By Ashfaq Ahmed, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Males outnumber females three to one in Dubai according to Dubai Municipality's statistics for the first half of 2006.

Dubai's population increased to 1.241 million in June 2006, compared to 1.071 million by the end of 2004.

Out of the total population, 73 per cent or 911,000 are males while 27 per cent (330,000) are females. The female population has, in fact, increased by 0.8 per cent this year.

According to the half-yearly bulletin, some 5,859 children were born in Dubai's government hospitals during the first half of this year, of these 2,933 were male and 2,926 female.

Land deals worth Dh22.9 billion were carried out in Dubai during the period under review, while 1,128 buildings were completed at a cost of Dh5.579 billion, of which 207 investment buildings, 710 residential buildings, and 211 buildings were meant for recreational, service and industrial purposes.

The total number of airline trips from Dubai International Airport during the first six months of this year was 116,543, carrying a total of 13.76 million passengers, of which 6.67 million were arrivals and 6.63 million were departures. There were 457,000 transit passengers.

The total number of public transport buses in Dubai as on 30 June 2006 was 415, which carried some 43.87 million passengers during the first half of this year.

In Dubai, there are a total of 302 hotels that comprise 30,648 rooms and recorded during the period under review a total of 2,652,771 guests.

The total number of nights spent by the guests was 6,737,791 and the overall occupancy rate was 75.5 per cent.

There were 111 hotel apartments in Dubai as on 30 June, which offer a total of 8,652 apartments and had a total of 467,890 guests during the period under review, with the total nights of stay being 1,623,750 and the occupancy rate 71.1 per cent.

The total number of stocks traded in the Dubai Financial Market during this period was 21.75 billion, worth Dh218.44 billion.

During the period under review, 5,769 new trade licences were issued in Dubai. Other interesting figures for the first six months of this year included 68 exhibitions and conferences with a total of 457,541 visitors and delegates and 81,594 vehicles registered.

Dubai has more than 2.71 million telephone lines now, of which 2.3 million are mobile telephone lines and 535,995 land phone and fax lines. The number of internet lines is 173,155 in addition to 482 telex lines.

Dubai imported goods worth Dh163.58 billion during the first half of this year, while the export figures stood at Dh50.59 billion and the re-export figures were Dh39.87 billion.

G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 30, 2006
Guess that explains the mystery PM's that are sent to the good lady members of this forum!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 30, 2006
G
hahaha...yeah was just reading that today morning...and also think out aloud...how many of those males are actually in contruction...sure as hell hoping at least 1/2...otherwise we are in the deep end...anyhow...i think its a well known fact that dubai is a frontier town in the new sense of the word...i only wish the stats improve...along with the rents/public transport...but having said that...it aint that bad here...lots of plus points in living it large here...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2006
was actually going to point out that 3/4 of the population of dubai are actually employed as labour; they live in labour camps and earn between 800 and 1200 AED per month.

people often miss-quote or manipulate the dubai population figures to bolster all sorts of claims... however take the 3/4's away and see what it does to the demographics, cutomer profiling and "consumer base" statistics!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 30, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:was actually going to point out that 3/4 of the population of dubai are actually employed as labour; they live in labour camps and earn between 800 and 1200 AED per month.

people often miss-quote or manipulate the dubai population figures to bolster all sorts of claims... however take the 3/4's away and see what it does to the demographics, cutomer profiling and "consumer base" statistics!

that gives me some relief :wink:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
I've just had a thought (ok, run with me on this one - it doesn't happen often!).
If Dubai is so over-run with guys, then surely, all things being equal, there must be a place that is over-run with women??
Anyone any ideas?? I've got my suitcases packed ready to relocate to wherever this place is!! :lol: 8)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 30, 2006
It's not quantity, it's quality! :P
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 30, 2006
so girls have your pick there are too many fish in the water!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
Shame you are in London then Sara

And a good thing that I'm very near to Nottingham (the city with the highest ratio of women to men in the UK!!). Just don't tell my girlfriend I said that (good thing she's on holiday!)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 30, 2006
and the highest rate of crime too in the UK. if you not careful you might be the next victim by your gf hand lol.

Iam going to dubai for suer now to fish. I love fishing.
:lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
I am yet to meet a good fish. Or at least a bright enough fish to take the bait. The fish in the Arabian Gulf are a little bit dim!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 30, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I am yet to meet a good fish. Or at least a bright enough fish to take the bait. The fish in the Arabian Gulf are a little bit dim!

lol just keep fishing i guess you might find one fish with gold inside.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I am yet to meet a good fish. Or at least a bright enough fish to take the bait. The fish in the Arabian Gulf are a little bit dim!

ha-ha-ha ... very well put
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 30, 2006

now that hurt me feelings :(
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat