Quad Biking?

Topic locked
Quad biking? Feb 27, 2006
hey people does anyone have the name and numbers of Quad biking outlets near hatta, or anyplace where i can collect this information?

cheers,

Jerry

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Er you might find that hard as hiring them has been banned due to a spate of accidents involving kids.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2006
thanks choco,

If what you say is true then i guess i better stop the search? when did this happen? wa it in the news anytime?

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
It was constant problem, quad bikes are a pain in this country. They were letting underage children ride them with no instruction, no protective gear and several children rolled them and were hurt I think a couple were even killed. There was a big fuss made about it all last year, Gulf News and 7 Days did loads of articles on it.

There are so many parents in Mirdiff and the Springs that let kids ride around on these things, children take them on the highways and play chicken with the cars - it's a nightmare!

So very dangerous and they're not toys for children.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2006
Eerrr.... tell that to the young men that ride them down Al Wasl Road and down Sheikh Zayed Road!! No helmets-occasionally a balaklava to hide their face and sometimes two per quad bike :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you go to the Big Red area on the main road from Dubai to Hatta you can hire them there and they have helmets.I don't have any phone numbers though. If you wanted to purchase one, they are in all the major malls and Dragonmart!! A motherly warning though, like choco said they are dangerous-no roll cages and on Fridays they say the dunes are packed with looneys and maniacs!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2006
Jeevan

The place for well cheap quad bikes is the new Dragon Mart.

Quads are now banned from all Emaar properties.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2006
hmmm,

thanks guys, i am not planning to buy one as yet but looking for places which would allow me to rent one and take a spin around in the desert. now if the outlets on hatta road have shut down, then where do i go to get some experience and feel before i actually plan to buy one.:).

I dont want to invest in something without trying it, so i dont regret my decision later :D

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Jerry,

I gonna sound a thicko here but anyway here goes.

I got lost the other day on the way back from Dragon Mart. I ended up i think on the emirates road. Anyways, i must have been around the point where there were many signs for Mirdiff. It was around here that there were loads of locals playing in the desert with their quads and 4x4s in the dark. They just all parked up on the roadside etc.

I am sure someone must know where i am talking about, but there were loads there messing about having a great time using their toys.

Hope this helps mate.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat