Prostitutes

Topic locked
prostitutes Apr 19, 2006
I am sick and tired of the prostitues in this place. The fact they work here does not bother me, I do not care what they do, it is just that most of them are from places near my home country or actually from my country and to everyone I am the same, which I really do not give a s.h.i.t. about, what pisses me off is that it is sooo f!@#$% hard to find a place to stay with normal girls from back home, what is wrong with them all, why it is impossible to find a regular girl from my home country who works at a regular place, NOT some night club.
I have not been stressed like this since I got here and I feel like my patience is going to die soon. I never had to stay with any strange ppl back home and I really do not mind doing it now, it is an experience for me, however, I want to stay with someone who has a good job not with those night butterflies.
I am not really posting any question, just needed to spill it all out.

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
What country are you from?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
if you are single... u should have a separate room for yourself and you shouldnt get bothored if they arent bringing customers home..

if they are.. its better to leave the flat or move in to some place with a family.. or may be with your bf.. :)
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 19, 2006
J, I think u should also try to understand that some people end up feeling as though they have no other option in their current situation. I don't imagine these girls are 100% proud of what they do nor enjoy going to 'work' everyday.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
Liban wrote:What country are you from?

I am from a former USSR, Kyrgyzstan.
Replying to X, I understand they did not have a choice, or some of them do not know the language to work here; bunch of reasons for them to be working at night clubs, but I am just getting desperate, you would not believe, the place I was staying at for the last 4 months was a small family apt., girl-Russian, also from back home, Uzbekistan, I suspect she used to be a prostitute, then later a girl from my home town arrived, they are friends-tenant and the new girl, so, she was a night club girl, they both started telling me to go with her to the club may be earn some extra money, when I would say, I did not want to do that, they would be like, ok, may be you can find a rich hubby there, I was like, I do not want to find a rich hubby, whatever I need in my life I would try to get myself, meeting a guy who I would wanna be with is good, but it does not matter if he is rich or not. And not going to hunt for men. For those girls all of my views were kinda weird, one even said, - "I have never met anyone like you, you are strange". Guess I am weird to them, lol
I do not know, I am so frustrated, I wanna cry. I have not felt this way for a long time, I was hard to get bothered or worried; now I am just getting so upset.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
ajoy wrote:if you are single... u should have a separate room for yourself and you shouldnt get bothored if they arent bringing customers home..

if they are.. its better to leave the flat or move in to some place with a family.. or may be with your bf.. :)

hard to get a separate room in the area where I want to stay in. And here I do not even make money I used to at home, so, I cannot afford most of the places, hopefully it is only a present thing, future will bring good changes.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
well why don't u try to share a place with some Arab girls, or maybe other nationalities. Try ur friends at work, maybe they will be able to help or know someone to trust to share a place with. See never give up hope in this place, cause if u do, it will kill u, specially if u r alone here ! :cry:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Apr 19, 2006
IMJ wrote:
ajoy wrote:if you are single... u should have a separate room for yourself and you shouldnt get bothored if they arent bringing customers home..

hard to get a separate room in the area where I want to stay in. And here I do not even make money I used to at home, so, I cannot afford most of the places, hopefully it is only a present thing, future will bring good changes.

try looking for a place in sharjah its cheaper and the ruler is nice and conservative u wont find any prostetutes , clubs or bars any where in sharjah, you wont even find women with immoral clothing in shj

every one knwns that dubai is a frekin whore house of the middle east.
and the best place for rusian, east european and central asian women to make money
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 19, 2006
sharing with other nationalities is another story, lol.
My office is full of Indians and a few Philipinas, you guys know how it is, they all wanna share with their own crowd. And the ones who are here by themselves share a room with 5 ppl, I do not think I wanna do that.
It is very upsetting, I have not met yet one girl from my home place or a neighbouring country who would have worked a normal job here. I even started thinking to tell my parents not to tell ppl where I am at now, lol, coz after talking to these "working" ladies, I realised that in everyone's mind (former soviet union ppl's minds) whoever comes here came here to work as a prostitute, lol, u cannot be anything else according to them. This is just crazy.

I do not know anyone in Sharjah, all my friends are here, I will go nuts driving there and back every day.

thanks for ur advices. What is men's point of view about this whole prostitution thing. This is crazy how it is all happening in a MUSLIM country. Ppl are out of their minds.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
I agree.

Its crazy and quite disgusting. They really should clamp down on this but they don't and thats a shame that you feel the way you do now because of the situation with your countrymen.

All I can say is hold your head up high and be proud of yourself and your country and try to be positive. You know where you come from and you know where you are going. You are in control of your destiny. Keep searching and you will find what you need. :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
Like I told u before you can't control the actions of others and getting upset by them is even more senseless. Bad things exist and will happen in any part of the world, muslim or not. That is a sad fact of life, but its up to you whether you let it eat away at you or bring you to a 'better' place.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
Of course, I will not let anyone or anything bring me down, I just broke down today morning, when the girl I have just moved in with came home when I was going to work. I was too spoilt before; had all I needed, so, guess now it is time to see the real life.
Thanks Liban and X.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
IMJ

I think you are being a bit unfair to yourself. You are obviously concerned what other people think of you. Dont!

As long as you can hold your head high, do your normal job, pay your bills and live how you want to live with dignity you should be proud.

In all reality those other girls who work the clubs are envious of you. Like X says some of them dont have the same choices you have.

You may not earn as much as them, you may not have as many or as nice possessions as them, but you have something they cannot have and cannot be bought its called

DIGNITY.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 19, 2006
Actually Arnie, back in Indo and I think I saw it in KL as well there was this label called... Dignity ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
I'm lost X

:? :? :oops:
arniegang

Apr 19, 2006
Clothing brand mate... as in the kind of Dignity money can buy.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
gotcha
arniegang

Apr 19, 2006
IMJ
liban x and arnie spoke from the heart...you are fighting your own fight and frustrations come in many forms...and the fact that you are dealing with it and not ignoring it is a great thing...anyhow you do drive...which is good...i do not want to probe into what your budget/situation for rent is...but there are places(big villas/by the beach if u r lucky)in jumeriah which are rented by 4/5 people from different nationalities(about 3/4 k a month).....also places towards springs/greens which go for about 2/3 k a month......and its more of a flatshare "friends" style situation...have you tried www.dubizzle.com
they have a lot of flatshares going...worth a look if you are me...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 19, 2006
great advice constantine

IMJ i totally agree with Cons, i mirror what he says in that you actually recognise your problem and situation. You now need to deal with it in a logical way.

You need to channel your energy now into looking for alternative accomodation.
arniegang

Apr 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:IMJ

I think you are being a bit unfair to yourself. You are obviously concerned what other people think of you. Dont!

As long as you can hold your head high, do your normal job, pay your bills and live how you want to live with dignity you should be proud.

In all reality those other girls who work the clubs are envious of you. Like X says some of them dont have the same choices you have.

You may not earn as much as them, you may not have as many or as nice possessions as them, but you have something they cannot have and cannot be bought its called

DIGNITY.

I think everyone misunderstood me here.
I really do not care what ppl think of me when I tell them where I am from, like once, when I just got here, Liban said something like, oh, u r from one of those post communist countries, so, u r probably a prostitute, I am not bothered by it, I know what I have, I know what I am doing here, know what I am and I am not trying to change this damn society, prostitutes, fine, what can I do about it, nothing and I am not trying to, they have their own stuff to deal with. It is just that, I had to move out of the place where I was staying for last 4 months and I get to a new place and the girl turns out to be a prostitute, which I did not know, she asked me what I did, in my turn I also questioned her about it, she told me she was in Travel Agency, and she looks like a decent girl, talks properly, no stupid stuff. And, last night I came from the dinner pretty late, she came in the morning when my alarm went off, this is just something I do not want to have in my life, do not want to be in that crowd, well, I am not, but it still is getting into my life.
You know, these girls cannot even have a decent conversation, they all talk about money, and honestly right now, at this point of my life I do not want to think about earning good money, saving it, investing it, I ran away from all of it, here I do not get paid as well, but I like the experience and I am learning a lot, seeing things I have never seen (working girls, lol, jk), for once I wanna live today, u know what I mean. Anyway, this is getting too long of a post.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
J, u don't need to defend yourself. Bottomline, do what you must to make things better for yourself. If you have to move from place to place until you find the right one, as troublesome as it may be then so be it. Just don't let what others choose to do with their lives affect you in such a negative way - each to their own.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Clothing brand mate... as in the kind of Dignity money can buy.

should we buy clothes from that brand and give out to " working ladies" out there, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
Smile, look up, take a deep breath and thank God for what you have. Then and only then will you feel truely good.

A day at the beach changes things for me :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
It's nice post.
I also have seen some prostitutes from my country in Dubai.
I am not happy to see them run around for their "work". but sometimes you should try to understand. coz of their situation. probably you will do the same if you were in their shoes.:)
I have a colleague(the only one who is from the same country as me in my company). she has done very good job to live in the country. everyone respect a lot in company.
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 19, 2006
IMJ wrote:should we buy clothes from that brand and give out to " working ladies" out there, lol

Maybe if I was a pimp who cared about 'worker' morale.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
Liban wrote:A day at the beach changes things for me :)

Likewise, very calming sitting on the rocks and listening to the waves crash and water chops.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
IMJ wrote:should we buy clothes from that brand and give out to " working ladies" out there, lol

Maybe if I was a pimp who cared about 'worker' morale.

may u should think of it, "everyone needs some extra money", right?
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
geraintindxb wrote:It's nice post.
I also have seen some prostitutes from my country in Dubai.
I am not happy to see them run around for their "work". but sometimes you should try to understand. coz of their situation. probably you will do the same if you were in their shoes.:)
I have a colleague(the only one who is from the same country as me in my company). she has done very good job to live in the country. everyone respect a lot in company.

hey, guys, I am not judging anyone here neither I am trying to say I am a nice girl here, no, all I want is a normal girl who is from somewhere back home (coz rest of the nations here refuse to share with us-crazy soviets, lmao) who I can share a place with, lol, this is like MIssion Impossible here, lmao, I am at work and I getting a bit hysterical now, wanna laugh and cry at the same time, lol :laughing5:
I guess I have lost it.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
one day an indian pimp asked me to get prostitutes in street.
maybe it's good idea, if you know some prostitues.. just as she said: make some extra money!!" :P
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 19, 2006
IMJ wrote:may u should think of it, "everyone needs some extra money", right?

Money doesn't mean everything to everyone.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat