Predictive Text

Topic locked
Predictive Text Oct 24, 2012
There's one thing I like about my new IPad and that's the way it predicts what I want to write. It checks my spelling too which saves me from mocking posts from Shafique :P
I don't need to add any apostrophe or know how to spell apostrophe either!

The only thing is that I need to be vigilant on what word I'm allowing this machine to write for me.

Do you like predictive text? I think it makes you lazy! No wonder the younger generation can't spell!!

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Predictive Text Oct 24, 2012
Oh well congrats on the new ipad , how long have you had it so far ? , downloaded any specific apps , What do you use it for generally ? , im asking because my stand is that its quite a useless device which serves no real purpose , Note that I am not mocking you or anything , just want to know about your opinions on using it ?

I remember , when I was travelling to Malaysia recently I was in transit in Thailand International for about 4 hours , During that 4 hour period there were these bunch of greek people that all had ipads , I observed they were playing games and taking pictures of themselves and showing to the other person on their ipad , but they werent using it for any real work , not even reading anything.
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

I like the predictive text, yes, but I've learnt to be very very careful. Its not as innocuous as it seems and can become quite mischievous and embarrassing. As an example, "Sweet dreams" became "Sweet potatoes"! :oops:

I think I like the iPad.
The hyped up Mini iPad is due to hit the scene soon!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Ive had my Ipad nearly a month Zubber. I quite like it. I'm not really into Apps, Ive downloaded the HSBC one, AirFrance etc and SkyGo, which lets you watch any channels you've subscibed to on your home TV package.

I don't play games and I certainly don't take photos of myself, I don't like having my photo taken at the best of times. It has a good camera and I have taken some good photos on it.

It also has Icloud which lets you sync with your Ipod for any music purchased from Itunes, you can also sync to your own uploaded music for an extra subscription. I check my emails on it and look at FB and DF without the need to go into the computer room and fire up the PC.

I can take it to Dubai with me instead of Beths laptop and it saves me clocking up a massive phone bill looking at my emails etc.

But most of all I like Facetime (or what ever its called) as I can look at my daughters baby when she is miles away :D Magic!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:But most of all I like Facetime (or what ever its called) as I can look at my daughters baby when she is miles away :D Magic!

That is so sweet!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

@BM - Oh , so you can use Facetime from DXB ? I take its not blocked ? Do you use a VPN or some other program that allows it ? , Do you read any books on it ? Or PDF files ?
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

zubbber wrote:@BM - Oh , so you can use Facetime from DXB ? I take its not blocked ? Do you use a VPN or some other program that allows it ? , Do you read any books on it ? Or PDF files ?

I haven't used Facetime in Dubai Zubber so I don't know if its blocked.

I don't read books on it either. I'm strictly a hard copy person, I like proper books.

--- Oct 24, 2012 ---

It gets my vote though, it's £399 well spent.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Predictive Text Oct 25, 2012
BMreformed wrote:But most of all I like Facetime (or what ever its called) as I can look at my daughters baby when she is miles away Magic!
That's the best post of the day :D
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

FaceTime works fine unless the iPad was bought in The UAE.

This predictive text was a contribution I guess to the demise of Spellchecker girl who is now redundant poor wee soul.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Free Spellchecker Girl!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Need a thread for reformed spellcheckergirl
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'll start a petition.