Only In The UK

Topic locked
only in the UK Sep 29, 2010
I understand the UK is going broke ,shutting down police station ,firing policemen and gangs are everywhere now a days , but poor helpful kids taken the law in their own hand , that’s just sad really . no wonder why visas requests to our third world country raised sky high :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/2 ... ault-court

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: only in the UK Sep 29, 2010
uaekid wrote:I understand the UK is going broke ,shutting down police station ,firing policemen and gangs are everywhere now a days , but poor helpful kids taken the law in their own hand , that’s just sad really . no wonder why visas requests to our third world country raised sky high :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/2 ... ault-court

1/ The article says that the older guy was not facing any charges, so one could assume no law had been broken. The girls may not have been truthful

2/ Nowhere in the article does it mention or even hint at that this was linked the kids taking the law into their own hands.

3/ Visa' applications from the west are not at ski high proportions.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Only In The UK Sep 29, 2010
Therein lies the problem numpty ... "you understand"

With an arrogance borne of education, knowledge and many years experience, I can tell you that the UK is in fact not going broke. You will of course be sensitive to this issue given that Dubai, as a quasi state, did in fact go broke, that is to say it (the Government) was unable to service or repay its borrowings.

Debate over whether the UK Police are effective and offer a balanced service versus the public funding required to keep the numbers that the Police Federation say are needed on the street versus what the bureaucrats say that they can afford is an onging issue, from the late 1970's and is unlikely to be resolved any day soon.

What I will say about the UK Police is that they are governed by very strict guidelines PACE etc which permits no examples of "Yani, my brother, is Major in Bur Dubai ..." and it is this even application of the law that sets them apart from your bunch of foreign security guards.

Gangs on the streets ... you mean like "Gangs of New York" or "The Warriors" ?

You need to get out a bit more, I have read about and even seen minor skirmishes on the street at pub closing times, but gang warfare :lol: only on your PC game and in your dreams.

If or when you next come to the UK, PLEASE pm me and I will take you round LOOKING for these gangs and feral teens slaughtering innocent victims, if for no other reason I would be quite keen to document and report on this as much as you would.

Perhaps we could do this during next Ramadan, I know where I can find a lot of lager louts in flash cars then !! :bounce:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: only in the UK Sep 29, 2010
Are you suggesting that the PACE Act 1984 regulates Police corruption? According to my copy it describes the code of practice for detention, treatment and questioning of persons by police officers and the same of persons under section 41 of, and Schedule 8 to, the Terrorism Act 2000.
Bethsmum

Wot rong fread or sumit ? What are you babbling on about ?

What a marvellous thing Google is ...

Do you think that the green keystone muppets know that there are such things as Police guidelines.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

ohhhh shi....
what will come after this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10924719

I think they should build a great wall around the GREAT Island. so unemployeed brits wont be leaking out here
lol
"we will bounce back" my as* LOOOOOL
uaekid

:shock:

Not shocked at active fiscal management, it comes with the territory, but that you can not read the numbers and understand the orders of magnitude in question, poor little broken UK spends more on

(a) Education
(b) Defence
(c) Local government

EACH (individually) being more than your kitty litter toy town has as its GDP ...

Oh and by the way that's called t r a n s p a r e n c y have a look around your sand box and try to get transparent number from your Department of Finance ... :D
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote::shock:

Not shocked at active fiscal management, it comes with the territory, but that you can not read the numbers and understand the orders of magnitude in question, poor little broken UK spends more on

(a) Education
(b) Defence
(c) Local government

EACH (individually) being more than your kitty litter toy town has as its GDP ...

Oh and by the way that's called t r a n s p a r e n c y have a look around your sand box and try to get transparent number from your Department of Finance ... :D

They will give you any number you want. Take a number, sit and wait.

How much did Mubadala lose incidentally? Has 'Dubai Disease' struck in the impregnable oil funded fortress of Abu Dhabi?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Habibi, what you call a loss is what we call false positive on mark to market :)

Actually, Mubadala ADIA ADIC et al are pretty well run because they did not have to operate on leveraged funds (as Dubai did) and most of their investments are cash investments. Added to the fact that they hold a massive amount of US Treasuries a 10 - 30% fluctuation of their portfolio can easily be absorbed (the 10- 30% fluctuation in their portfolio equates to an 50 - 150% fluctuation in the Dxb portfolio) that was the core of their undoing.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:Wot rong fread or sumit ? What are you babbling on about ?

Do you think that the green keystone muppets know that there are such things as Police guidelines.

You really are an ignorant little shit aren't you? I didn't use google actually, we have a copy at work. I think it's you that's babbling actually, setting yourself up as an expert on anything and everything. Boring *******.

-- Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:09 pm --

(a) Education
(b) Defence
(c) Local government

You are not seriously saying that our money is spent wisely in the UK? What a joke, there is more money wasted in local government than you could shake a sick at. Tranparency? The figures are made up for suckers like you.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:Wot rong fread or sumit ? What are you babbling on about ?

You really are an ignorant little sh*t aren't you? I didn't use google actually, we have a copy at work. I think it's you that's babbling actually, setting yourself up as an expert on anything and everything. Boring bas*ard.

Did not take long for you to secure and set up home in the moral low ground did it pet ?

At what point in this thread did we discuss corrupt policemen ?

No, thats right we did not, that was in another thread ...

That your company has a "copy" of PACE at the office is a joke, so what, I have a copy of the CPR, does not make me a QC

So if it makes you feel better to rant at me then go right ahead, I couldn't care less, your constant picking reveals you for what you are, unintelligent, uneducated and sublimely happy in your own ignorance.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Only In The UK Sep 30, 2010

(a) Education
(b) Defence
(c) Local government

LOOL I'll try to ask them when the money they are spending is mine. unlike you I live for free yaaaeeee :lol: and you can go a head and shovel your so called GDP up your ..., as you can see it is doing you no good honey, your hall country is collapsing ,can't you see?

hey ,my kitty litter town is the richest city in the world that your great cities is borrowing money from. man I don't know why are you so happy with the transparency of your country, it's just a way of telling you how they spent your money regardless of your opinion :(
uaekid

uaekid wrote:
hey ,my kitty litter town is the richest city in the world that your great cities is borrowing money from. man I don't know why are you so happy with the transparency of your country, it's just a way of telling you how they spent your money regardless of your opinion :(

I think Riyadh, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Doha, Brunei, Geneva, Singapore and Hong Kong may have a thing to say about this being the richest city in the world. The UK is certainly not 'borrowing' from here, more like investment is attracted from here because the assets it gives you are infinitely more stable than those here. The Royal Family of Qatar chose to buy Harrods in London...not Dubai Mall in nowheresville.

At least we voted for the people who spend the money and if they don't spend it wisely we can fire them...here someone spends your money without telling or asking you without any chance of being kicked out. Which is why the big government entities like DP World, Nakheel and EMAAR are now buried up to their eyes in debt. That money was not 'borrowed' from here either otherwise the debt would have been swept under the Persian rug in the tent as usual.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
uaekid wrote:

I think Riyadh, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Doha, Brunei, Geneva, Singapore and Hong Kong may have a thing to say about this being the richest city in the world. The UK is certainly not 'borrowing' from here, more like investment is attracted from here because the assets it gives you are infinitely more stable than those here. The Royal Family of Qatar chose to buy Harrods in London...not Dubai Mall in nowheresville.

At least we voted for the people who spend the money and if they don't spend it wisely we can fire them...here someone spends your money without telling or asking you without any chance of being kicked out. Which is why the big government entities like DP World, Nakheel and EMAAR are now buried up to their eyes in debt. That money was not 'borrowed' from here either otherwise the debt would have been swept under the Persian rug in the tent as usual.

Knight

LOOOOOOOOOL I'm sorry this is true but funny bcz you keep changing them a lot !!! beside what's the use of changing them after spending your money ? nothing really. the other guy will come, promises you bla bla bla and wont deliver . thats why the invention of protest started there :)

but I like the brits,at the end they produced my 1984 defender 110 which I love and its time for my winters wadis camping with it :bounce:
uaekid

Re: only in the UK Sep 30, 2010
Kid, the fact that you keep harping on about living for free, just goes to reinforce the fat that you have no appreciation or clue about the value of money - ANYWHERE.

Once again your blatant ignorance shines through - well done, great example. NOT!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

At least we have the freedom of rights to protest.

Try it here.

Knight
Dubai Knight

And where did you get the idea that "we" (the UK) had to borrow money from you ??

The default came about because your government companies could not repay what they borrowed, mainly from UK banks !

If the Kid was any dumber we would have to water him once a week and feed him Baby Bio once a month :shock:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Dubai Knight wrote:At least we have the freedom of rights to protest.

Try it here.

Knight

Thats not true DK...
At the IMF meeting a dedicated protesting area was set aside but only one person turned up.
benwj

:lol: :lol:

I remember the aircon tent on the SZR - the "Official Protest Tent", had any protesters managed to get through the airport the facilties laid on for them would have been fantastic !!

Does anyone know who the lone protestor was (probably a CID infiltrator !!!)

I hear on the basis of that success the IMF are now looking to hold future meeting in Zimbabwe, North Korea & Saudi Arabia - the last of the worlds great democracies

:lol: :lol: :lol:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

benwj wrote:

Try it here.

Knight

Thats not true DK...
At the IMF meeting a dedicated protesting area was set aside but only one person turned up.

That was UAE Kid's Mum, protesting he had not drunk all his Horlicks before bed and was not wearing his stripey jim jams every night!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: only in the UK Oct 01, 2010

Try it here.

Knight

At least we have the freedom of rights to protest :lol: you sound like a baby there dubai night :lol:

me protest humm let me think of a couple of reasons why should I:
free land,home,education,health care,jobs ........ I think my government should protest against us for spoiling us this much :lol:
uaekid

Yes, I think they should.

I am sure you will be 'up in arms' as soon as they impose normal living and working conditions upon you. this they will have to do if they wish to enter the real world. The sponsorship and exclusive monopoly system is being changed already and then there will be VAT and income tax...which you will be made to pay too.

Come the glorious day brothers!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Yes, I think they should.

I am sure you will be 'up in arms' as soon as they impose normal living and working conditions upon you. this they will have to do if they wish to enter the real world. The sponsorship and exclusive monopoly system is being changed already and then there will be VAT and income tax...which you will be made to pay too.

Come the glorious day brothers!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

they should make us pay taxes to enter the real world ? you see that’s your problem guys! Our government believes the wealth of this country is for its ppl and not exclusive for one. but you got raised in believing that you must pay taxes that should somehow return its benefits to you, or they make you think so I should say.well, you are actually forces to pay :cry: . talk about dark ages ..

But I’ll tell you what, when this day will come ,me and you will be died, so lets let the ones coming after us discuses it and if this day is near then I won’t have a problem paying taxes ! I guess in average we are getting paid 3 times what we dreamt of in the past .

In the other hand it will be good when the country will implement a taxation system ! 200,000 brits will out of here in a week time. its a win win situation ,to me at least. :lol:
uaekid

In the other hand it will be good when the country will implement a taxation system ! 200,000 brits will out of here in a week time. its a win win situation ,to me at least. :lol:[/quote]

:lol: yep, for sure! I will not put one penny more than I need to into this economy.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

And the 200,000 Brits leave, they employ 200,000 Egyptians or Indians to replace them?

6 months later...total economic meltdown of the UAE!

Massive queues at the airport as those Egyptians and Indians flee with their pockets stuffed with ill gotten dirhams, leaving the UAE with an even bigger debt mountain and just a pile of sand to eat. Garage sale of empty glass ghettoes in the sky and pimped up Hummers.

I will enjoy watching that day!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:And the 200,000 Brits leave, they employ 200,000 Egyptians or Indians to replace them?

6 months later...total economic meltdown of the UAE!

Massive queues at the airport as those Egyptians and Indians flee with their pockets stuffed with ill gotten dirhams, leaving the UAE with an even bigger debt mountain and just a pile of sand to eat. Garage sale of empty glass ghettoes in the sky and pimped up Hummers.

I will enjoy watching that day!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

:lol: :lol: wait, I thought thats what the brits did :lol:
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat