Moving To Canada

Topic locked
Moving to Canada Apr 25, 2006
Extracted from a diary (true story they say..)

Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Canada--it is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. freaking snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More of that white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.

Dec. 25 - Merry freaking Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonovabitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the freaking ice.

Dec. 27 - More white shit last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white shit and it's so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the shit again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That freaking weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the shit this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the shit he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his freaking head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those freaking beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that freaking salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada!

Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Moving to Canada Apr 25, 2006
Mindnu wrote:Extracted from a diary (true story they say..)

Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Canada--it is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. f$#king snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More of that white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.

Dec. 25 - Merry f$#king Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonovabitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f$#king ice.

Dec. 27 - More white shit last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white shit and it's so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the shit again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That f$#king weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the shit this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the shit he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his f$#king head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those f$#king beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that f$#king salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada!

LOL!! That was a good laugh. But seriously, its not so far off from reality!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Moving to Canada Apr 26, 2006
Mindnu wrote:Extracted from a diary (true story they say..)

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. f$#king snow plough.

Dec. 25 - Merry f$#king Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonovabitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f$#king ice.

Dec. 28 - That f$#king weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the shit this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the shit he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his f$#king head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those f$#king beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that f$#king salt they put all over the roads.

Mindnu, moving to settle Canada soon was the greatest fulfillment ever could possible happen to me..definitely I will push through my plan..I don't mind seeing this file white thing all over..(i havent seen them in my entire life :D )... naturally, learning and familiarizing the place through reading) before moving somehow would be a great help...exactly what you have been experiencing, moreover my relatives told me you live with it or else(s#%t)nightmare gets over you..yes,theres so much expectation but more so the unexpected......

HABIT IS OF SECOND NATURE :D
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2006
Word of advice,

Drive Carefully. If you never seen snow = never driven on it! Ain't nothing worse than a new driver on snow (and SUV drivers on snow for that matter). Same for rain (if you are from Dubai where it doesn't really rain).

Best of luck in Canda.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2006
The weather and roads and taxation in Canada suck...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2006
Concord wrote:Word of advice,

Drive Carefully. If you never seen snow = never driven on it! Ain't nothing worse than a new driver on snow (and SUV drivers on snow for that matter). Same for rain (if you are from Dubai where it doesn't really rain).

Best of luck in Canda.

Dubai is my first destination before seeing Canada! thnks for the advice well taken :D .say haven't seen rain in DUBAI?...got to stay in a 3.5hp aircondition room then.. :?

vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2006
Stopping in Dubai before going to Canada won't help with your driving in fact it will make it worse (thinking that that IS the way anyone should drive).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Moving to Canada Apr 26, 2006
vicky40_teach wrote:
Mindnu wrote:
Mindnu, moving to settle Canada soon was the greatest fulfillment ever could possible happen to me..definitely I will push through my plan..I don't mind seeing this file white thing all over..(i havent seen them in my entire life :D )... naturally, learning and familiarizing the place through reading) before moving somehow would be a great help...exactly what you have been experiencing, moreover my relatives told me you live with it or else(s#%t)nightmare gets over you..yes,theres so much expectation but more so the unexpected......

Good luck with Canada hope you cant wait to see the snow plugh!!

Mind
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 27, 2006
Concord wrote:Stopping in Dubai before going to Canada won't help with your driving in fact it will make it worse (thinking that that IS the way anyone should drive).

I couldnt get the logic of this comment!..Stopping DUBAI simply not just "DRIVING"...... but seeing, exploring, knowing and familiarizing and even working..GOing to CANADA is "perhaps" my final destination..you see, I am not afraid to encounter risks,It is by taking "CHANCES" that we learn how to be "intelligently brave"..when im in a "WRONG LANE"...I trust my hopes not my fears... :)

HABIT IS OF SECOND NATURE :D :D :D
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Moving to Canada Apr 27, 2006
Mindnu wrote:
vicky40_teach wrote:
Mindnu wrote:

Good luck with Canada hope you cant wait to see the snow plugh!!

Mind

Mind if I say..It is not the situation that matters....but your reaction to the situation..I never trouble myself knowing and experimenting..this is the way of life.... :)

HABIT IS SECOND NATURE :) :) :)
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2006
Liban wrote:The weather and roads and taxation in Canada suck...

Liban, I never set my goals by what other people say or deem important... :( I can only approximate the things you mentioned and other advises in this forum,learning others "Culture" is a part of continuous living..I am an optimist, I only use the word ''IMPOSSIBLE "with great caution..

HABIT IS SECOND NATURE :D :D :D
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat